Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Do you have any irrational fears?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

I do. 

I'm afraid of kitchen technology. Seriously. I dont use blenders or stand mixers. I did make progress and use my hand mixer until it broke. Now I just whisk things my hand, a good whisk is golden in my book lol

I'm also afraid of giant tall waterslides at waterparks. Noooo thank you. One man, one year, that one time we went (lol it was like 7 years ago) went down and something cut up his back the entire time he went down the slide and there was nothing he could do about it! That sealed the deal for me.

Then I have a fear of swinging too high. I know it's impossible but the thought of swinging over that top bar still scares the crap out of me. I also get nervous when I see kids swinging what I think is too high, its takes all I have not to tell them to slow down lol. 

Do you have any odd or irrational fears?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
saraface5383
by Sara on May. 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM
large deep bodies of water(ironic) ...and pictures of things under water. Ive literally had a panic attack from a picture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hazelnutkin
by on May. 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM

I used to be afraid of driving. I have conquered that one now. I am terrified that my kids are going to catch some terrible respiratory infection (Pertussis or Diptheria) and die. I drink wine when they have coughs. Serious anxiety. I also am totally paranoid about choking. I think I have issues having to do with any kind of imagined blocked airways.

VisionSeeker
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I hate leaving this plugged in or on like the computer or fans when we're not home.  I'm not sure if I'm afraid the house will burn down or what.

libby261
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I don't like heights AT ALL.  I don't like spiders AT ALL.  I don't like driving over expansion bridges (you can feel the sway).  

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM
I don't like high carnival rides. I figure they were put together by people, possibly drunk so I don't trust them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I have tons of issues,lol.

I do not like clowns, spiders, snakes, and roller coasters. 

I am terrified to drive on major highways.

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on May. 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I dont like heights, spiders and Im sure a few other things but I cant think of roght now

Gweneveer
by Colleen on May. 9, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Nope.  Im really not afraid of anything.  

DirtyHippyMama
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Heights, looking up at tall buildings (thanks Paul for sharing that one with me), mice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN