Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Public assistance such as FS, WIC, Medicare, Welfare

Do you think the programs work? Would you change things about them if you could?

by on May. 9, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Replies (11-16):
VisionSeeker
by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:06 AM

These programs are great for those who truly need and use the system correctly.  However, the system has its flaws and therefore there are those who abuse it.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Quoting VisionSeeker:

These programs are great for those who truly need and use the system correctly.  However, the system has its flaws and therefore there are those who abuse it.

agree.

sugarbaby143
by New Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I think it can work. But i do think some changes should be made. Like you should have kids or have serious med issues... Not refuse to work and get food and med aid! I was preg with my 2ed girl and couldn't get much, but my cousin (3 yrs younger than me with out kids, no job, live in gf that worked) and she got everything! I've seen families at the daycare I work at that needed help and couldn't get it.

Then again, its my opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I dont think they work as well as they should

Laura1427
by PonyFab on May. 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM

I definitely agree that by accepting that help, you are putting your life in the hands of the government. I wish people would think about that when they choose to "abuse" the system.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I think people on these programs are taking advantage of the system. It's not the original intention of the system ....or IS it?

I'm a conspiracy theorist, I admit it. JFK once said "There is a plan to enslave the American people and I plan to expose it." One week later he was shot and killed.

Coincidence? 

I think not. 

By people relying on their government to live, the government has a hold over them and they don't even know it.

SassyWildflower
by on May. 13, 2012 at 11:45 PM

i think they work. but of course you also have those that abuse the system. There are times when people need the help & i see nothing wrong w/ that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)