Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

We are supposed to have a beautiful weekend!

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 14 Replies

And... my husband has to work! SUCKY!

My son will want to play outside all day, and I'll end up telling him no... I can't chase my daughter around the yard (she like to bolt to the road, or walk all the way to the back and the landlord has a pond at one end of the whole property), and I just can't walk after her the whole time. Not with this sciatic pain I've been having...

Hopefully, on Sunday when hubby has off, it will still be nice that Hunter can run and play. 

by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on May. 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM

awww sorry dh has to work....not sure how the weather is supposed to be here...right now its raining a bit

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on May. 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

awww sorry dh has to work....not sure how the weather is supposed to be here...right now its raining a bit

Hubby has been on mandatory overtime for... well... about two months now? three maybe? 

It sucks too. You'd think that we'd have extra money, but no. It jumps his taxes higher, so his paycheck doesn't look that much nicer. All we are able to do with that little bit extra, is pay more bills.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on May. 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Dh will actually be home this weekend and the weather is supposed to get crappy. Its already a little colder and the wind is blowing. It figures.
I hope you get time together Sunday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on May. 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM
I remember that, I felt so bad for my kids but I just couldnt chase my 1 year old at the time. He just ran like a bat out of hell and it was a risk I wasnt willing to take.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on May. 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Dh will actually be home this weekend and the weather is supposed to get crappy. Its already a little colder and the wind is blowing. It figures.

I hope so too. He doesn't get up until noon.. and then he needs to mow (which will take about two hours, at least). I know he's been wanting to change the oil on the motorcycle, and just get some time to ride on it. 

So... we'll see if I get any time with him. 

flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM
It's very gloomy weather today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM

bummer, I have to work mothers day =( but only until 3 and I couldn't pass up the money! LOL

TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on May. 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM

:( I know how that goes.

I love when DH is off but hate it at the same time because there are so many things I want to get done and we spend so much time running around trying to catch up and spend time together that it seems like nothing gets done :(

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

I hope so too. He doesn't get up until noon.. and then he needs to mow (which will take about two hours, at least). I know he's been wanting to change the oil on the motorcycle, and just get some time to ride on it. 

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on May. 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM

It's not even WE on the weekends! It's him... lol. He mows. He fixes vehicles. It's projects he's doing, that only involve him. Unless I want to stand there and watch him do it, we don't actually get much time. 

Quoting TristanMitchael:

:( I know how that goes.

I love when DH is off but hate it at the same time because there are so many things I want to get done and we spend so much time running around trying to catch up and spend time together that it seems like nothing gets done :(

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Kristi483
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Bummer. Its supposed to be cruddy weather here and Dh is gone for a few weeks right now. So looks like we will be stuck inside here. Supposed to bbq with my neighbor whose DH is also deployed for Mothers Day but that may be out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)