Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

The plans are a changin'

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM
  • 25 Replies
So DH is not feeling so good about this lady he is working for. She is flopping back and forth on the housing and just not making him super comfortable. Not to mention she currently has him working seven days a week, twelve hours a day. That's not even minimum wage. Tomorrow he will find out if she even has anything good enough to make it worth it but as of right now his gut is saying he's leaving the ranch for good on Wednesday. His parents have already said that they'd love to have us by them and that they will help make sure that happens if it's what we want. His mom is still set on helpin me reach my goal and has offered me a postion in the birthing center she plans to open. She would love to have the grandkids around too. So we are leaning towards grand junction Colorado. DH said he will get any job and maybe go back to school or what have you to become a vet tech. Apparently it's also a large ranching community so he might be able to still do what he wants to do but I think a vet tech job would be better suiting for him. He is expecting her to come back tomorrow and say it isn't working out. Too bad she couldn't have decided this three weeks ago! He was getting paid but it seems like it was a waste of valuable time. Oh well, we'll roll with the punches I guess. Go where life takes us. I told DH maybe we should just become travelers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Sara on May. 14, 2012 at 11:10 PM
that sucks it may not work but if he doesnt feel right then i wouldnt do it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on May. 14, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Like gypsy's!

I've been watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC.

nngmommy83
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:53 PM
Good luck to you guys!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM
Yeah, I've been watching the riches. We have too much crap lol.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Like gypsy's!

I've been watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TLC.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 14, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Yeah, if his gut is saying no he needs to listen. He has a family to worry about. I think he thought I'd be mad. He said he didn't know what he was going to tell me. I just told him he needs to check his gut and decide from there.

Quoting saraface5383:

that sucks it may not work but if he doesnt feel right then i wouldnt do it either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 6:38 AM

wishing you all the best!

Laura1427
by PonyFab on May. 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh man that stinks. I would listen to my gut too. :-(
mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
The up side to it all is we should be able to make some life goals happen. I know what I want to do, just need help figuring out the process. I think he would be dryer suited in a vet setting. So we may be able to land some consistent moves involving careers. I look forward to it for now.

Quoting Laura1427:

Oh man that stinks. I would listen to my gut too. :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by Colleen on May. 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Nomads maybe?

At least he is going to go with his gut on this one and you seem to be good with it.  I hate when plans change, and I dont deal well with it!

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Well, we have moved to jobs that haven't worked out. This one lasted two years. Better then some. One only lasted six months. Ten we are in a strange place and on someone else's terms. This will be on our own. Not on someone else's terms so it will be ok. I'm up for the adventure.

Quoting Gweneveer:

Nomads maybe?

At least he is going to go with his gut on this one and you seem to be good with it.  I hate when plans change, and I dont deal well with it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)