Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Oh yum! Unbelievably Delicious Brownie Chunk Cookies

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM
  • 5 Replies

Chocolate chip cookies are one of the best desserts in the history of desserts as far as I'm concerned, but I always love a twist on the original standby. These brownie chunk cookies provide a perfect one and will become a new staple in your baking after your family devours them.

From Souffle Bombay, they start with a basic cookie recipe, but instead of using chocolate chips, you add chunks of brownie. Brilliant, huh? She offers a delicious recipe to make the brownie part from scratch, but some pre-made brownies from your bakery will save time, and the end result is almost as good.

Brownie Chunk Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 cup (packed) brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 recipe of chilled Old Fashioned Brownies (below)cut into 1/2 inch chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, Whisk first 2 ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Beat butter and both sugars in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Gently fold in your chilled brownie chunks.

Using a 1/4 to 1/3 cup size cookie / ice cream scooper or a tablespoon, scoop your batter and drop onto your prepared baking sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart. Flatten the mounds with your fingers to about a 1 inch thickness.

Bake for 14-20 minutes depending on the size cookie made - or until just golden.

Old Fashioned Brownies

5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 teas vanilla
4 large eggs
1 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9x2 inch baking pan/dish with parchment paper (allow an overhang). Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat, whisking till smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.

Whisk sugar and vanilla into chocolate mixture, whisk in eggs then flour. Spread the batter into your prepared pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Cool in pan, then refrigerate overnight. When ready to make your cookies, lift chilled brownies from the pan and cut in half. Freeze half for next time and cut the half you are using into 1 inch chunks.

Feel free to add in a cup of your favorite nut!

by on May. 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Laura1427
by PonyFab on May. 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Omg I need these lol
piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on May. 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I was just thinking the same thing, then I looked down at my thighs LOL.

Quoting Laura1427:

Omg I need these lol

Gweneveer
by Colleen on May. 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM

These look SO freakin good!

othermom
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Those sound wonderful

nngmommy83
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Those look so freaking good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)