Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

2012 paranoia!

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

Seriously, I don't like to think about the world ending and I would like to think things like 2012 won't happen. But in Colorado Springs, CO there was so crazy weather that makes me wonder if it is possible! There was a ton of hail and rain, the roads were flooded, cars are being washed away. I live about 1 hour-ishfrom here and have my whole life and I have never seen anything like this! It's kind of scary! Here's some pictures from the local news Facebook:

You can barely see the top of a car here

Several people had to be rescued from their cars and some had to be treated for hypothermia. The water is starting to clear out but there is inches and inches of hail just sitting on the ground now. Ugh, so scary! Just thought I'd share :)

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
saraface5383
by Sara on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:11 AM
I know what you mean.

We had " mini tornado" here,no one saw it but a few boats were on land and one was flipped over. Random. We don't have anything here other than earthquakes so that was scary for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM

lol the world is not ending Kristina! God was just really sad today.

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Jun. 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM

oh wow thats scary!!! We had huge storms here today...and I said god was mad lol

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Jun. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM

That's crazy! We just had a really bad flood back in Sept. We had no food or power for 6 days, and we were stuck in our little community basically. It made me think that we need to be better prepared if anything like that were to happen again. Every time it rains really hard out, I panic and pack everybody a 72 hour bag, just in case.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Thats a good idea!!

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

That's crazy! We just had a really bad flood back in Sept. We had no food or power for 6 days, and we were stuck in our little community basically. It made me think that we need to be better prepared if anything like that were to happen again. Every time it rains really hard out, I panic and pack everybody a 72 hour bag, just in case.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Yeah well if it did I guess the Springs would be a bad place to start lol. It's still crazy.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jun. 7, 2012 at 2:17 PM

lol I'm just joking! God isn't sad but I dont think the world is ending. We didnt get a lick of rain or hail or anything here in Pueblo! It was a beautiful night!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Yeah well if it did I guess the Springs would be a bad place to start lol. It's still crazy.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Wow, those are some crazy pics!

Im not worrying about 12-21....if it does end, we cant do anything about it anyway.  Im just going to keep on trucking til something does happen, lol.

nngmommy83
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM

wow! those pics are scary!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN