Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Seize the Summer Challenge Day 3: Plan a Movie Night

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
  • 57 Replies

This can be fun for the entire family and won’t put a big dent in your summer fun budget! Plan a fun movie night with your family. Rent a couple movies (or watch some you already have!). Get some tasty snacks and drinks to make the night special.

popcorn

What movies do you think your family will watch? What treats will you get for the evening?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is. Don't forget to sign up for the Seize the Summer Challenge by replying to this post! We'll send you a daily reminder so you don't miss any of the activities.

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I plan on taking the kids to the Drive in to watch Madagascar 3 & MIB 3. We are hoping to go this weekend! We'll probably get popcorn and/or nachos like usual and take drinks with us.

Shanon1
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Yay! What an awesome idea. Me & the bf usually borrow movies from the library, since it's free (sadly, you can checkout 2, @ a time :-/) but we also have an extensive collection. We like to expand @ yardsales & thrift stores, also. Next day off, I'm gonna convince him to do a movie night w/ me. We're just gonna watch a ton of every kinda movie: kid, action, adventure, romance, rom-com, horror, etc...! Pop some buttery popcorn & kick back & cuddle :-).

goddess99
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:13 PM

See we (dh and I) love this idea and have talked to my 9 year old about it but she can't sit through a whole movie at home, she gets bored, then me and my dh end up watching the rest of some kid movie without her. Maybe someday!

When my dh and I watch a movie or just a show we like we usually have chips and dip or a salsa plate.

Cafe Kate
by Head Admin on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I'm so jealous! I love Drive Ins!!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

I plan on taking the kids to the Drive in to watch Madagascar 3 & MIB 3. We are hoping to go this weekend! We'll probably get popcorn and/or nachos like usual and take drinks with us.

SabrinaLC
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:27 PM

We're going to watch The Lorax (old cartoon) Friday night :-)

MommyLehr
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM
We will probably watch tangled or princess and the frog. Currently my girls' favorite movies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM

We usually have a family movie night. I like baked edamame with olive oil and fresh grated parmesan.

I wish we had a drive in close that would be fun to take the kids too

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:40 PM

We will have popcorn and some kids movie

RobynS
by Mama2CamKat on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:48 PM

We do this quite a bit. Fun! :)

deltathree
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:54 PM

We love doing this!  Def. popcorn & gummy bears to snack on.  Prob. watch men in black & then we wanna go see the new one,too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)