Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Negative Nancy! Please go now!

Posted by   + Show Post

Is your child a Negative Nancy?

Summer is here and as much as kids loooooove not going to school the fun quickly fades and you hear those ever fateful words, "Moooooooom, I'm bored!"

Sure, there's the boredom jar:

I'm bored jar

But sometimes it seems like everything you suggest is met with a negative reply. "Noooo mom! There are CHORES in that jar, I don't want to do CHORES."

Those kinds of requests when I was a kid were met with, "Then I guess you're not bored enough, are you?" But I was. I was SO bored. Fortunately, for parents and kids alike, summer doesn't last forever and our kidlets will eventually find something to do to unbore themselves, albeit with a lot of whining and complaining but you learn to tune that out! My mom would have LOVED Pinterest when I was a kid and we're lucky enough as moms to have the internet for a quick search on non-boring summer activities.

Are your kids a Negative Nancy sometimes? Do you know any adults that are like that as well? What do you do?

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Replies (11-14):
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Not yet anyway....dreading the day I start hearing that!  lol

nngmommy83
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Sometimes. I try to keep them busy most of the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DirtyHippyMama
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM

He isn't. Yet.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:04 AM
DD didn't say it but she posted it on Facebook. We try to get them out everyday right now since we are unemployed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN