Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Popular Strollers Recalled After Several Kids Lose Fingertips

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 10 Replies

Popular Strollers Recalled After Several Kids Lose Fingertips

Posted by Jeanne Sager
on June 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

recalled Kolcraft stroller

Just as the weather is getting nicer and more moms and dads are pulling out the strollers for jaunts around town, we've got bad news. A major stroller recall from kid product maker Kolcraft has just been released. Three children have actually had a fingertip amputated by the hinge of their carrier!

To protect kids and parents -- reports show adults have also been hurt by the contraptions -- Kolcraft has partnered with the Consumer Product Safety Commission to pull 36,000 of their strollers off the streets. So what does that mean for parents? If you think your child's stroller is involved in the recall, here is what you need to know:

1. The recall does not apply to all Kolcraft strollers. Only the Contours Options three- and four-wheeled strollers are affected.

2. If your stroller is part of the recall, it will have one of the following model numbers starting with ZL002, ZL005, ZL008, ZL015, or ZL018. To find the number, check for a sticker above the left wheel or look for a label sewn into the edge of the back of the stroller seat pad. It will also have the date of manufacture, which was sometime between January 2006 and November 2009.

3. Although the strollers were manufactured several years ago, this recall does affect parents who made recent purchases. The affected strollers were on sale up until this month (prior to the recall) at major retailers including Amazon.com, Target, and ToysRUs.

4. The strollers should be put in the closet immediately rather than risking your child's fingers or your own. Kolcraft is issuing repair kits to parents who own affected strollers.

5. To get a free repair kit to cover the hinge, call the company at 800-453-7673 Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. (EST) to 6:45 p.m. or Friday 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Does this stroller recall affect your family? What injuries have you sustained from your child's stroller?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Good to know! Tfs!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Doesn't affect us. We hardly use strollers and the ones we do are cheap umbrella strollers. We use an ergo most often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM

oh my

nngmommy83
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 2:13 PM

scary! we don't have this stroller

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM

OMG! i think my friend got one of those as a gift! TFS! I'm gonna call her now.

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:50 PM

thats so scary but I remembered another company had an issue that was similar last year...we dont have a stroller anymore.....

othermom
by Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 8:50 AM

We have a diffrent type of stroller. That is so scary

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM

That's scary!

I'm so glad all of mine are out of strollers.

saraface5383
by Sara on Jun. 16, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Wow! Tfs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DirtyHippyMama
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Not cool, tfs!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)