Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When planning birthday parties...

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 7 Replies

When do you start planning your kids birthday parties? Like, how far in advance? Do you like to have big parties or small ones? Do your kids share parties if they are close together? Do you try to make sure each kid's party equals their siblings as far as size & cost?

I decided to do a big party for both kids since their birthdays are on 12 days apart. They will be getting a new swing set that I put on layaway WEEKS ago! So I am planning a big back yard party somewhere around Adelyn's birthday because I don't like to early birthdays. (I will have a small cake thing on Tristan's birthday for him). I'm thinking about doing a Dora/Diego theme for their big party since Adelyn really likes Dora and Tristan likes Deigo. Their birthdays aren't until August so I have been doing sporadic planning for 3 months or so lol. I like to plan in advance for anything. 

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I usually plan about a month and a half in advance. I dunno, Birthdays are important to me, when I was growing up no one really came to my birthday or I didnt get to have it on my actual day (even if it was a weekend) because my birthday is 4th of July and everyone already had plans. So! I want to make Claire's birthdays special and her 1st last November was a big party. Next year I think we'll do something low key and for her third birthday I want to make it extra special because that's the year it falls on Thanksgiving.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina‚ô• on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:41 PM

My birthday is around Thanksgiving time so I didn't really have big parties or anything and I didn't really have a big family. I can only remember one party when friends actually came over. I think making birthdays memorable is important but that's just me.

Today is my niece's birthday and my sister didn't have a party or anything for her. I have presents to give her and I guess I'll give them to her whenever I see her next... I feel bad for my niece.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I usually plan about a month and a half in advance. I dunno, Birthdays are important to me, when I was growing up no one really came to my birthday or I didnt get to have it on my actual day (even if it was a weekend) because my birthday is 4th of July and everyone already had plans. So! I want to make Claire's birthdays special and her 1st last November was a big party. Next year I think we'll do something low key and for her third birthday I want to make it extra special because that's the year it falls on Thanksgiving.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM
I do smaller intimit parties. They don't cost hardly anything but everyone enjoys them. We try to pull back on he materialistic side of Christmas, birthdays and other miscellaneous holidays.
saraface5383
by Sara on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Well my sons bday is thursday and he'll be 5, were taking him out to dinner and then a few present that day and then his bday is going to be at the beach with friends and family and a BBQ and bonfire.(his request)
Tristan is in July and his is going to be at our house and it's going to be a big party since he'll be 1, and jays friends from school are coming and we are getting a bounce house and stuff for the kids, dh wants a clown but I'm iffy on that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyAkaTiffany
by Tiffany on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:49 AM

at least a month maybe 2 or 3

nngmommy83
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:33 AM
I usually start to gather things pretty early on so I don't feel a big financial pinch. We usually have pretty big parties since our families are both big
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DirtyHippyMama
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I planned months in advance for Myles first birthday. This year I am slacking lol. I think I want it at a park near us, and puppies as the theme. He loves dogs & cats and since most cat theme stuff is girly, puppies will be it I think. I haven't bought anything yet or anything though. His b-day is on a Sat this year so that will be nice too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)