Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Seize the Summer Challenge Day 8: Game Night

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM
  • 56 Replies

Get out the cards and games for some good old fashioned family fun! Take time to plan a game night. Involving your kids in the planning and doing it in advance helps build up anticipation and excitement. Pretend it's a party and plan each detail! Have the kids help plan a menu, choose the games, and even make a playlist. Here are some things to think about:

• What games will you play?
  • What type of music will you have on in the background?
  • Will you play multiple games throughout the night, or just stick with one?
  • Will your game night have a theme?
  • What snacks and drinks will you serve?

How often do you play games as a family? Have you ever planned a game night in advance?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is. Don't forget to sign up for the Seize the Summer Challenge by replying to this post! We'll send you a daily reminder so you don't miss any of the activities.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We play games weekly as a family. Since my kids are young we mostly play candyland. We listen to Pandora and sometimes Radio Disney. We normally just stick with one game! We normally don't do themes and we normally eat and drink whatever. Hummus is a family favorite at the moment.

matttabi
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Every now and then we will play games. We have cards and uno. Monopoly, guesstures, bananagrams, and couple other board games. Im not very creative to come up with a fun menu and such lol we are picky eaters...so veggies are usually left off lol
elasmimi
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM

we used to play scrabble a lot when my kids were still at home, but Ela is too young to play yet.

Caramel824
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:39 PM
We play UNO,old maid,and my ALL time fave,TWISTER!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caramel824
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Cheese doodles,HIP HOPs my music,herbie Hancock!!!the fire hydrant!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

We like UNO and Apples to Apples Jr.

PaulaChillz
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Once in a while we have game nights. The one that is planned is on NWY eve, the family just has snacks and rounds of different games. We do the same when we go to the family cabin after it gets dark and a little dangerous being outside.

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM

We used to do a family game night but gave that up when we got bored with it. We do still play sometimes, though, and it's usually either Scrabble or Monopoly. Last time we did it we had pizza and played at the kitchen table. It was a lot of fun, but we only played one game since the kids picked Monopoly and that takes forever, lol.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I like game night. Usually we play role playing games.

othermom
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM

We like to play board games and card games together. We usually have popcorn while we play

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)