Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

I think I have a tentative menu for Miikka's birthday

Posted by   + Show Post
So...I browsed pinterest and I think I know what I'm making. So here it is...

Apples and ice cream
http://pinterest.com/pin/212091463672027004/

Cupcake pizzas for the kids
http://pinterest.com/pin/212091463672016974

My homemade pizza for the adults (more topping options by separating them

And strawberry & cream angel food cake roll. For those that want a life but tasty cake like dessert.
http://pinterest.com/pin/212091463671609722

So for now, that's what I'm going to plan. I suppose I should find an appetizer...I could make fresh salsa ad serve it with chips. Now to figure out the party aspect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Replies (11-15):
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:41 PM

LMAO, its ok.....it rhymes right?  

Quoting shjchica:

I must say, I did a double take, at first I read "Grovers bday", instantly thought of sesame street, then I re-read it and felt like an ass! LOL

Quoting Gweneveer:

Great menu, I may have to steal some ideas for Clovers bday!  lol

shjchica
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Telling you my pregnant eyes can't read right, LOL, I can't speak right...I have mommy brain...and I'm only pregnant with my first! LOL

Quoting Gweneveer:

LMAO, its ok.....it rhymes right?  

Quoting shjchica:

I must say, I did a double take, at first I read "Grovers bday", instantly thought of sesame street, then I re-read it and felt like an ass! LOL

Quoting Gweneveer:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Sounds good.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Ok...it's simple and delicious. I make it with varying toppings but our favorite is chicken and onion. For that I have to season an bake the chicken first. So I do that before startig the dough. We also do pepperoni and bacon and you can cook the bacon wile the crust is rising for that. Anyway...the crust...

I put about half a cup or so of honey in te bitten of my mixing bowl. This replaces sugar in most pizza crust recipes and I love honey. I pour a cup of warm water in and mix it with the honey. Then the equivilant of a package of dry yeast. I buy jars because I use so much of it. That sits for ten minutes as it will get foamy. It's supposed to. Don't mix the yeast, just let it sit on top. Then I mix in oregano, basil, garlic powder, parsley, whatever Italian seasonings you enjoy. About a tablespoon or so of olive oil and two and a half cups of flour. I start mixing it with a spoon but once it gets stiff I switch to my hands. Mix it good, kneading it. It will all mix in. Coat your dough with oil to keep it from sticking while it rises. I then put a piece of plastic wrap over it, touching the dough. Let it rise for thirty minutes or longer. It should double in size. When your ready, it makes two pizzas as it is meant to d a thin crust. I put half on a pizza pan and since the chicken pizza uses pesto sauce I use the back of a spoon to spread the dough out. It doesn't have to be perfectly round. Just try to get the thickness even. We only use a thin layer of pesto or red sauce. Put your cheese and toppings. For chicken and onion, cut up your chicken you previously baked an cut your onions into rings. I usually use mostly mozzarella cheese and then add a little Colby jack, not a lot, it's a little greasier and then some Parmesan. Any toppings will do. Just whatever you like I believe it bakes at 425 for about twelve minutes. It's easier ten it sounds. My family and friends love it.

Quoting Gweneveer:

Actually, I would love it!!  I always say Im going to make a pizza, but I dont even know where to start, lmao!

Quoting mjimaging:

Have at it. And if you want a good homemade pizza recipe, just let me know. It always goes over very well. In fact, last Christmas, we made pizza!

Quoting Gweneveer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM
How great!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)