Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do you eat well when out and about?

eating

by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (21-25):
Reina13
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Quoting Threes.Company:

I've been on a weight loss journey for over a year now. When eating out, I look for key words on the menu... blackened, sauteed, grilled, fresh, baked, etc. I avoid fried, breaded, creamy, buttery foods. I always hold the mayo on any foods that have it. Dressing had to be a balsamic vinaigrette if they don't have a light dressing option. I try to make sure the meal had a good balance of foods and that it isn't loaded in carbs and sugars. I also learned portion control. Most plates come with 2-3 servings on the plate. So I divide up the food right away so that I only easy one serving. If it is a chain restaurant, I will even use my phone to look up calories counts before choosing an entree.

Great tips and thanks for sharing. Also congratulations and continued success with your weightloss journey.

Threes.Company
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM

No problem!  And thank you!  It's been a long road, but I'm only a couple pounds from my ultimate goal, so it has paid off! :)

Quoting Reina13:

Quoting Threes.Company:

I've been on a weight loss journey for over a year now. When eating out, I look for key words on the menu... blackened, sauteed, grilled, fresh, baked, etc. I avoid fried, breaded, creamy, buttery foods. I always hold the mayo on any foods that have it. Dressing had to be a balsamic vinaigrette if they don't have a light dressing option. I try to make sure the meal had a good balance of foods and that it isn't loaded in carbs and sugars. I also learned portion control. Most plates come with 2-3 servings on the plate. So I divide up the food right away so that I only easy one serving. If it is a chain restaurant, I will even use my phone to look up calories counts before choosing an entree.

Great tips and thanks for sharing. Also congratulations and continued success with your weightloss journey.

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

LancesMom
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I usually ask whats in it... Ask for changes. If its large I mentally cut it in half and plan to take the rest home!

DNewman
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I go to restaurants that offer a healthy variety! We avoid fast food if at all possible!

EmptyNestMama
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM

We usually pack a healthy picnic lunch or dinner and plan to stop along the way! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN