Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Oh.My. So tragic!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:57 AM
  • 25 Replies

I picked up my phone and got on Facebook out of habit and there was news updates about the shooting at a movie theater in Aurora. At least 12 are dead and many many more are injured. Since it is summer I'm sure there were many kids there for the premier of the new Batman movie. I can't stop watching the news in disbelief. They have a lone gunman in custody. When he was arrested he had a hand gun, riffle & gas mask on him. It makes one question about the security at movies because I know I have been able to walk in with a purse/diaper bag and blankets and never been questioned. Is there any type of security at theaters in your area? Do you think there should be security measures taken? Do tragedies like this make you question going to the movies again?

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catchup29
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in Baltimore, if I considered not going where there has been a murder, I'd never leave the house. LoL

Seriously though, I don't allow myself to think about th dangers of going places, and I don't watch the news. I know some people think I should stay informed but where I live, it's a given bad things happen everywhere.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:07 AM

That's true.

Is there any type of security at the theaters in your area or could you walk in with whatever you want?

Quoting catchup29:

I live in Baltimore, if I considered not going where there has been a murder, I'd never leave the house. LoL

Seriously though, I don't allow myself to think about th dangers of going places, and I don't watch the news. I know some people think I should stay informed but where I live, it's a given bad things happen everywhere.

catchup29
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:10 AM
Quoting TristanMitchael:

There are security guards at 2 of the theaters that I know about. Most do not have security. We have security in our grocery stores, schools and all public events. Two of our malls actually have mini police stations in then.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Just want to add Thought & Prayers to all involved!!!

praying

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:27 AM

that is terrible! is there no place safe to go these days!

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I just read about this! Thats awful :-((

saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM
So sad, I saw this on the news. So tragic. I went on fb right when I heard about it to make sure a few friends of mine were alright, I don't know the areas around there but they are in Loveland, Mead and Grand Junction. Oh and dh's aunt is in Evergreen but they are visiting us down here thankfully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM
It scares me knowing my kids are growing up in this world, can't we all just get along?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:50 PM

no security here, but we are a small area...

And, it's very sad what happened... I'm wondering why someone had a three month old at the theaters for opening... Isn't opening a midnight showing?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN