Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Why can't he just let it go?

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM
  • 8 Replies
Dh has this old car, it's a 2003 so it's not super old but it's a pos and we have no need for it. We have 3 cars NOT including this pain in my ass. It just sits there, he does randomly drive it but seriously it's a big turd.
I don't get paying for something when it's not used, insurance wise anyway.
I have my car that I don't use often but when I am alone, or date night or only take the baby with me but I use it!
I keep telling him to sell it and he swears that if all the other cars break down we will have that one lol good lord if they all break down I would walk to the damn store if need be!
Anyone want a car?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:08 AM

DON'T let my Dh see this post, he'll take it, for serious.

We often have this discussion as well. While we're down to one drive able car my husband refuses to get insurance that won't cover his stupid 1963 mini cooper and it's not even running! So we dont have insurance on it right now (no freakin' point) BUT we have insurance that will cover in case a miracle happens he gets it running again. But he says the same thing as your Dh "When a worldwide EMP hits, THIS is the car that will run Leah." Lord have mercy. *rolls eyes*

nngmommy83
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh brother lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:45 AM
What the hell is wrong with these guys! I mean come on! It's an eyesore in our driveway. I always tell him, we live in a beautiful home we pay out the ass for and we have this piece of shit in the driveway. I mean really?
We are trading our van in for a new car soon, So I'm like DUDE let's junk yard this pos! I'm just going to to do it one day(not really) I'll drive it down the street and hide it and see what happens ;)

Quoting flowerfunleah:

DON'T let my Dh see this post, he'll take it, for serious.

We often have this discussion as well. While we're down to one drive able car my husband refuses to get insurance that won't cover his stupid 1963 mini cooper and it's not even running! So we dont have insurance on it right now (no freakin' point) BUT we have insurance that will cover in case a miracle happens he gets it running again. But he says the same thing as your Dh "When a worldwide EMP hits, THIS is the car that will run Leah." Lord have mercy. *rolls eyes*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM

ask around and see if it's actually worth any money then tell him your budget could be X amount richer if you just sold it off.

saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM
The problem is, he doesn't care. Financially, were great. It's ridiculousness ( is that a word, no? Cool)I'm dealing with! There is just no freaking reason to have this car.

Quoting squeekers:

ask around and see if it's actually worth any money then tell him your budget could be X amount richer if you just sold it off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Does he have some kind of attachment to it? Like a memory or does it make him feel younger?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM
No memory, just a damn hoarder. It was his moms car and she just gave it to him, as to why he took it all he says is "why not" gahhhhhhh!

Quoting TristanMitchael:

Does he have some kind of attachment to it? Like a memory or does it make him feel younger?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DirtyHippyMama
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Guys and old cars lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN