Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Milking contacts...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

Moreso, making them last longer than they should... haha.

Does anyone wear them for longer than you are supposed to? I should really replace mine since they get scratchy quite quickly now... it's not the end of the month yet (which is when they should be replaced). I'll probably wear them for an extra week or two, or three, though, in order to make them last longer, lol. I have just one extra pair left... and I need an exam to get more (been waiting until my pregnancy is over to get it) and then I need to tell them to only order six months worth, because I won't have $140 to buy the remaining six months once they get them in.... I really think they over charge me for my contacts! One box should be about $60... and last time, my insurance covered $150 in leiu of glasses, and then a 15% discount on the remainder.. somehow, I still had to pay out $110 for everything... ugh. If only I could make 1800contacts take my insurance, and order them straight through them!

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM
I don't wear contacts so I don't know but I probably would milk um lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:12 AM
I wear glasses but I want contacts. I've had some bad past experiences though so I'm a little hesitant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM
I don't wear anything, but I should lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I wear glasses (when I need to) because contacts were such a pain the ass.

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Jul. 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I don't know how you girls can wear glasses! I hate them! I only wear sunglasses because if I don't, I'll sneeze nonstop in the sun, lol. But, the pressure on my nose actually causes headaches, and I'm a big one for peripheral vision... I use it a LOT. 

Nevermind that the cheapest pair of frames at my eye doc at $250... insurance covers just $130 of frames... with a $20 copay on frames and then another copay for lenses, add in I'm not sure how much of lenses they'll cover. 

now... In the last year, I've had to buy three pairs of sunglasses because they get lost, scratched, and broken... all the time. I need a new pair, yet again, since they are scratched to hell. I can't afford to buy glasses that often at the $250 cost!

Lindalou907
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I would probably milk them too! I only tried contacts once,and they hurt so bad! Then I got laser surgery about 5 years ago,but now I think I need it again :(

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM
I milk the shit outta them....the ones I am wearing now I've had in for like 3 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Oh and I don't take them out at night either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM
I have to... If I don't take them out, I'll have red eye balls and they'll itch like hell.

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Jul. 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

not me....guess I just got really tough eyes lol

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I have to... If I don't take them out, I'll have red eye balls and they'll itch like hell.

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN