Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

GOING INSANE....

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

My name is Marian and I am new to the group. For those of you that doesn't think a baby could make you go insane I am here to tell you different. My 15 month old has a TERRIBLE problem with falling out. NOTHING works once he gets started. He will scream and holler for 30 minutes. It's like once he's pissed there is nothing anyone can do. And ANYTHING triggers it. I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel like I'm going crazy he hollers so much. I didn't have this problem with my first 2 so I am taking any advice I can get because I have one foot in the nut house.

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Sara on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:05 AM
That sounds like how my middle son was, if I knew he was just throwing a fit and pissy I would just ignore him and walk away until he was done. It lasted a good while but now hes almost 3 and doesnt do anything remotely like that anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLICE
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:13 AM
My best friend had a son with this problem & he tried her patience! At a certain point everyone agreed not to react to his fits of temper or try to talk to him, but to go to another room & ignore him. The first 2 weeks were pretty awful! He would eventually stop & follow us only to go off again as soon as he saw us. That proved to us that he COULD control himself so we kept it up. Eventually he realized his tantrums weren't effective & didn't get him what he wants so he starting learning other ways.
Some children are born knowing sweetness attracts the attention they crave & some must learn it. Remember when he tests your patience, you are teaching him how to get what he wants in life! Good luck!
Sweetness88
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Thanks. I have tried that as well. I also know he can control himseld because if something gets his attention he stops instantly and will start back in a second. I never give in to what he wants. Sometimes he doesn't even have a reason to get angry. I'm just not sure what it is. My daughter was easy. She fell out one time. When I left and she realized I wasn't coming back she stopped and never tried again. The problem is when he has a tantrum I have to send my 3 year old to his room because my 3 year old will comfort him and I don't want him to think that this is okay. I read on baby center that one lady tried falling out with her baby and it worked. Not Mine. At a recent visit to my moms she fell out with him and he moved to another spot and fell out like she was in his spot or something. Only thing his doctor says is he will grow out of it. But I don't think I can wait that long. I mean what happens if we're at the market and this happens.....

Quoting LLICE:

My best friend had a son with this problem & he tried her patience! At a certain point everyone agreed not to react to his fits of temper or try to talk to him, but to go to another room & ignore him. The first 2 weeks were pretty awful! He would eventually stop & follow us only to go off again as soon as he saw us. That proved to us that he COULD control himself so we kept it up. Eventually he realized his tantrums weren't effective & didn't get him what he wants so he starting learning other ways.
Some children are born knowing sweetness attracts the attention they crave & some must learn it. Remember when he tests your patience, you are teaching him how to get what he wants in life! Good luck!

LLICE
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:18 AM
Well, I sympathize with you, I'm sure it can be exhausting! I hope the doc is right & he outgrows it. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Welcome to te group. I don't har any advice but when my daughter would throw a tantrum (it was rare) we ignored at home and in public she wa removed from the situation. She was spoken to in a very quiet tone so she had to stop to hear. I had a very patient boyfriend and he was wonderful at this. Getting angry fuels the negative attention but they have to realize that try aren't getting what they want, even if it's bad attention. My son will throw a tantrum an we try to redirect or ignore. He does it more frequently then my daughter did but not a lot either. He gets removed from situations and occasionally ignored at home. He stops pretty quick when he discovers he's not getting what he wants. Good luck. This too shall pass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Sorry you are having a rough time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superwoman39
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! I can relate to how you're feeling, I have a 3 year old daughter that has terrible tantrums and like your son, anything can trigger them. Sometimes ignoring her helps, sometimes it doesn't. Is it possible for you to get your son in a daycare to be around other children? That would probably help him and give you a break at the same time. Stay strong, hugs!

nngmommy83
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Oh no =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetness88
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, Mommies!!! We only had one tantrum today...As far as daycare well,I live in a small town and I have only found one daycare since we moved here. I went in one day to pick up some information and the place was just open. I could get in and it was about a minute before someone came out from the back. All I could think was  I could have took someone's kid by now. He was a little better today. Me and the other two children pretended to be him. We holler for anything and layed on him for comfort. He was staring at us like WTH is going on. He only had one tantrum today.

superwoman39
by New Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

The baby was probably saying...I thought I was the only one with the tantrums : )  You will have good and bad days with the tantrums, but hopefully more good days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN