Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

So much to get made!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have to finish 3 crochet shoes by monday before we leave, cause its gonna be an extra 50 bucks in my pocket....and then I have 7 hats to get made and shipped within the next few weeks.... I also have a pillow to make and seeign how I am moving back to nc I am going to sew a few lil dresses as well so that I can sell those too!! My lil business is booming and I am so thrilled about it!!!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Congrats. I can't even get rid of these five diapers I made.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Thats so awesome, good for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM

That is awesome!

I have such a hard time figuring out stuff with crochet, lol. I think I'll have to use a pattern for just about everything, lol

I was trying to making Baby Boy one of those bunting things, but I only have an H hook (largest size I have) and everything calls for a J or bigger... Let's just say I couldn'tfigure out how to make the bunting bigger around without it looking all funky.... If I tried to grow it, it rippled like crazy, and if I did less dc on the current dc, (2dc in each dc kind of deal), it just didn't grow like I needed it to... frusterating to say the least.

nngmommy83
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

yay! that's awesome!

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM

It's because you're so talented!

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I seriously have like 3 J hooks...send me your address and let me send you some hooks....I have a few extras of other sizes as well....the only hook I have bigger than a J is an N and I only have 1 so I have to keep that one, but I could send you some of the extras that I have if you wanted them. So far as patterns go I can only follow the written patterns, I can't read the picture patterns...the more you do though the more you will learn oh and to make the bunting bigger maybe try using double strands?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

That is awesome!

I have such a hard time figuring out stuff with crochet, lol. I think I'll have to use a pattern for just about everything, lol

I was trying to making Baby Boy one of those bunting things, but I only have an H hook (largest size I have) and everything calls for a J or bigger... Let's just say I couldn'tfigure out how to make the bunting bigger around without it looking all funky.... If I tried to grow it, it rippled like crazy, and if I did less dc on the current dc, (2dc in each dc kind of deal), it just didn't grow like I needed it to... frusterating to say the least.

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:29 AM

You don't need to send me your hooks! Thank you though :) I'll get a bigger one sometime, lol. It's not like they cost an arm and a leg. I only wish I could get stuff to make their handles bigger.. I use a little size 10 hook (1.15mm) my fingers will get so sore with it.

When you say double strands... You mean using two strands of yarn at once? With it being summer yet, I didn't want it to come out too thick... I thought that would make it super thick, but the stitches themselves wouldn't be bigger since the stitches are based on the hook... I don't know... 

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

I seriously have like 3 J hooks...send me your address and let me send you some hooks....I have a few extras of other sizes as well....the only hook I have bigger than a J is an N and I only have 1 so I have to keep that one, but I could send you some of the extras that I have if you wanted them. So far as patterns go I can only follow the written patterns, I can't read the picture patterns...the more you do though the more you will learn oh and to make the bunting bigger maybe try using double strands?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

That is awesome!

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM

yes, I meant two strands of yarn because it would make the yarn "bigger" which would have to make the piece bigger because you would have to stitch more loosely to accomodate the extra wool

Quoting ForeverInLove:

You don't need to send me your hooks! Thank you though :) I'll get a bigger one sometime, lol. It's not like they cost an arm and a leg. I only wish I could get stuff to make their handles bigger.. I use a little size 10 hook (1.15mm) my fingers will get so sore with it.

When you say double strands... You mean using two strands of yarn at once? With it being summer yet, I didn't want it to come out too thick... I thought that would make it super thick, but the stitches themselves wouldn't be bigger since the stitches are based on the hook... I don't know... 

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

That is awesome!

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Ahh, ok. Not using wool, since I don't have any, lol. But, i don't have anything to double this stuff up with... My mom gave my two big bags full of yarns (I'm trying to use softer stuff) that my great grandma had... My sister in law got three bags, lol. So, I have a ton of yarn, and not much of is matches, lol

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

yes, I meant two strands of yarn because it would make the yarn "bigger" which would have to make the piece bigger because you would have to stitch more loosely to accomodate the extra wool

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Quoting ForeverInLove:

That is awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN