Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing my thoughts on the party.

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 13 Replies
So it got moved to a park. No pizza. We are having brats (adults) and hot dogs (kids). We will have a fruit salad maybe and possibly some grilled fruit. Also fresh salsa and chips. I am thinking of switching up the "cake" to cupcakes, although cakes in a jar will travel much better...I just can't decide. I want to do a confetti cake. DH can deal without chocolate. It's not his party anyway. Then for a more adult dessert, strawberry and cream angel food cake roll. They are super tasty. I am thinking of letting the kids make s'mores at the grill too. That pretty much covers food.

I plan to let the kids paint some rocks this week to use as paper weights and have coloring sheets at the tables with cups of crayons. There is a playground there as well. Do I need more kids activities?

Adults can just sit around under the shade of the sheltor and chit chat. I only had one RSVP so far and that is a group of six. I know my inlaws will be there and us of course. My SIL might make it although she will have a one week old baby. I wouldn't blame her if she couldn't make it.

Am I missing anything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Sara on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Not that I can think of...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM
I forgot...fresh lemonaide and water to drink. Maybe some Capri sun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM

MmMmmMMmmm....Fresh lemonade sounds awesome!

Quoting mjimaging:

I forgot...fresh lemonaide and water to drink. Maybe some Capri sun.

Sara..Breastfeeding...Pro Vaccinating...Time Out Giving...No Cio...Disposible Diapering...Anti-Abortion...Hug And Kisses Loving Mother of 2 Beautiful Boys or 3 I'f You Count DH. =]

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Sounds good.

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Sounds like you have all your bases covered!

nngmommy83
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:52 AM
Great plans!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:58 AM

Get some bubbles for the kids as a favor,that's cheap and fun for them.

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM

that sounds good. the lemonade sounds really good and the capri sun will be a hit with the kids. thats what i always use when we have a group of kids. brats sound awful good too! can i come?!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Sure...the more re merrier.

Quoting lyrick24:

that sounds good. the lemonade sounds really good and the capri sun will be a hit with the kids. thats what i always use when we have a group of kids. brats sound awful good too! can i come?!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM
I can probably get bubbles cheap. We are doing school shopping today and or tomorrow so I can pick stuff up.

Quoting Lindalou907:

Get some bubbles for the kids as a favor,that's cheap and fun for them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)