Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

So sad (possible trigger)

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just read a horrible story. If you didn't know I used to have alpacas. I was sad to part with them but we just couldn't get our stuff together in time to save them and raise them ourselves. I still have some farms on my Facebook, which is where this story came from.

13 alpacas, moms and babies were brutally attacked by two dogs. This farm ha only fifteen animals in total and thirteen have since passed. The courts are not willing to pursue this and a petition is available. The details are here at this news article...
http://m.nbc12.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.nbc12.com%2fstory%2f19430239%2f12th-alpaca-dies-from-dog-mauling-attack

Here is the petition. They are close on signatures if they haven't surpassed it. I don't normally pass this stuff along. But this really hits home. I would be devistated if this were my farm and my livestock. We had a girl die and it broke my heart that I wasn't there to make sure she was ok. Never again until we have our land an can keep them close. On to the petition.
http://www.change.org/petitions/essex-county-commonwealth-s-attorney-handle-the-brutal-killing-of-13-alpacas-upright-farm-as-a-criminal-matter?utm_campaign=share_button_modal&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=27711465

If nothing else, just sen some good thoughts up for this family that lost thirteen of their loved ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
saraface5383
by Sara on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM
Thats terrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:42 PM
It really is. Te alpaca market really took a dive so these were probably a lot like pets an thus, family. I just could not imagine the horror.

Quoting saraface5383:

Thats terrible!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Sara on Sep. 4, 2012 at 11:45 PM
I couldnt either, I love my animals they are family, I would be devastated.

Quoting mjimaging:

It really is. Te alpaca market really took a dive so these were probably a lot like pets an thus, family. I just could not imagine the horror.

Quoting saraface5383:

Thats terrible!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Thats sad :-(

nngmommy83
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 1:21 AM
Very sad =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM
So sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Sep. 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I signed it.

The courts should persue it... the dogs, which were someone's property that they are responsible for caring for, attacked another person's property which may or may not be a source of money for them. They (the dogs) destroyed someone else's things. Had these dogs went and attacked 13 children playing on private property, they'd have been killed immediately. These dogs showed aggression for something weaker. when is the next time it happens to kids?

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Exactly! Thank you for signing. I really feel for this farm. I don't know them personally but the whole industry is like one big family.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I signed it.

The courts should persue it... the dogs, which were someone's property that they are responsible for caring for, attacked another person's property which may or may not be a source of money for them. They (the dogs) destroyed someone else's things. Had these dogs went and attacked 13 children playing on private property, they'd have been killed immediately. These dogs showed aggression for something weaker. when is the next time it happens to kids?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)