Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I put my son on the wrong bus this morning! UGH!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM
  • 13 Replies

So, I was under the impression my son would be taking Scott's bus in, and from, school every day. Scott is awesome! I really like him. Always energetic when he picks up the kids :)

Anyways, the first day was a hard day and the principal thought it best that I bring him home. Next day, they sent him home on a bus that has a chaperone. No problem. If he's having a rough day at school and needs a chaperone to get home, no problem. 

Well, those two guys (the chaperone bus) came this morning to get him FIFTEEN minutes early... I scrambled to get him ready the rest of the way, and didn't even get to give him the rest of his meds for his allergies, that are suddenly wreaking havoc in his nose. Grab his folder for school, get it in his backpack, don't get to write a note to the teacher to put with it, and rush to grab him a sweater, since it's slightly chilly out there. Get him out there, he's gone.

Scott showed up right about 7:30... great. Told him the other bus came to get him, and it was early to I was scrambling to get Hunter out there... now I'm a little pissed. I already called his teacher after the first bus left, but after Scott left, I called the school again to get the number for busing. Left a message  there now too. I need to know what is going on! I need to know if Scott is picking him up, since Hunter does well on his bus in the morning (it's literally, about a 15 minute ride if that- Hunter is the last or second to last stop before school) and I like the 7:30a pickup time. 

I'm just venting a bit. You'd think they'd notify ME of busing changes! I'm his MOM! I'm the one who has to trust whoever is taking him to school! I need to know what bus he's gettingo n everyday, so if there was ever an emergency, they can address it appropriately with the buses route. This is just nuts!

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Ok, I guess it was the right bus! But, NOBODY told me of the change! NOBODY told Scott of the change!

ARGH! So, we get to get up an extra fifteen minutes earlier in order to accomodate his bus arriving ten minutes earlier. I do not like changes being made, and then I'm forgot to be called about it... his PARENT! His MOM! The one who WORRIES about him all the damn time! 

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:54 AM

OMG I would be in a total panic!! The first thing they should've done is called you.

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I would be livid!!  At least it ended up being the right bus after all.  Phew.  

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Bummer!

saraface5383
by Sara on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Omg! How insane!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina‚ô• on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:35 PM
I would of been mad. At least it was the right bus but how scary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Sep. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Quoting TristanMitchael:

I would of been mad. At least it was the right bus but how scary.

I definitely was mad. I was under the impression he was riding with Scott. Well, they started sending him home on a different bus that had a rider, so I assumed it was because he doesn't always listen well and the rider can help to keep him from getting himself into too much trouble. That's the bus that came to pick him up, earlier than what Scott does. But, I guess now it's them permanently... Ugh. 

If only the bussing people would have listened to me from the start, we wouldn't have had this problem. I told them he needed the star/harness system or at least a parapro to sit with him on the bus because he has issues. 

nngmommy83
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:12 PM
I'm glad it worked out in the end but I'd be frustrated too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I would have been more then frustrated. Sounds like you handled it well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Sep. 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM
That's insane that they didn't inform you or the other driver!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)