Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

School Fundraisers!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

Do you participate in them?

My son's school sent home a fundraiser, and I already have three things I'm buying, lol. That's three Christmas gifts! One if for hubby, and he doesn't know it, lol.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM

No. I made a post about this earlier in August. 

I don't believe in schools making our children out to be their little salesman/womans and insisting their time away from school be spent in "working" for them rather than playing and all in the name of cheap plastic prizes. And to top it all off they put most of the burden on the parents! Guilt tripping parents into making sales FOR their children just so they can have a $5 toy or $20 pizza party if they sell over $500 worth of stuff. 

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:07 PM

depends on what it is. my husband usually buys off the parents that he works with since i dont work.love to get their big tubs of cookies that they sale.

lovedbymom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM

my kids will be bringing home fundraiser stuff on friday!!!

saraface5383
by Sara on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM
We have only had the book fair so far, im waiting for the cookie and gift wrap!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:37 PM

When Tristan was in preschool they did a fundraiser. The first year I bought some things and the grandparents did but they were all so cheaply made that there was no way I was buying any the next year. I definitely wouldn't let them go door to door either. I had this little boy, maybe 7 come to my door to sell stuff and then he just kept coming back for the heck of it... without any adults!

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Quoting TristanMitchael:

When Tristan was in preschool they did a fundraiser. The first year I bought some things and the grandparents did but they were all so cheaply made that there was no way I was buying any the next year. I definitely wouldn't let them go door to door either. I had this little boy, maybe 7 come to my door to sell stuff and then he just kept coming back for the heck of it... without any adults!

We don't/won't do door to door. They don't suggest it either. They prefer you keep it to family and friends, so that the kids are with people you know and so that you know you'll get paid for it.

Hubby is going to take it to work, and i'm going to be putting out a notice to my family in another state.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:01 PM
We don't really participate. We don't have a lot of money and most of it is junk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM
Yeah we try to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:14 AM
I will, but would limit how much I buy and who I ask to buy stuff. I wouldn't go past my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM

My children's school doesn't do anything like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN