Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Chirstopher Columbus...

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

What do you remember about Christopher Columbus? Do you remember what grade you were in when you learned about him?

Tristan's Kindergarten class has been learning about Christopher Columbus this week. It has been kind of nice to have a refresher and learn a couple of things. I was in either 1st or 2nd grade when we learned about Christopher Columbus. I asked my niece who is in the 4th grade if she knew who Christopher Columbus was and she says in a sassy voice "Yeah, he was a old president"!. Um... no. She was homeschooled her Kindergarten year using the same program we are using so she should or learned about him. She had a half of a year in Public schools and has been in a private school since.

Is Christopher Columbus something kids should learn about and know about?

by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
saraface5383
by Sara on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Christopher columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Sep. 27, 2012 at 5:47 PM

The story of Christopher Columbus is a bit of an American history misconception. Education programs completely leave out that vikings were here before him.

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Keira has been learning about him in Kindergarten, though I'm not sure when I learned about him. Yes, I think it's important, misconception or not, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Sep. 28, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Keira has been learning about him in Kindergarten, though I'm not sure when I learned about him. Yes, I think it's important, misconception or not, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Sep. 28, 2012 at 7:40 PM

lord not much but I have never been a fan of history lol

DirtyHippyMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I don't know much except he didn't really discover America but gets all the credit lol 

DirtyHippyMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

And I think history is very important to teach our children. I am saddened by how many people have no clue who people even were, like Hitler. I watched an interview thing when they asked teens & young adults who he was and no one knew or had facts all wrong. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)