Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Breakfast items

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM
  • 16 Replies

What kinds of things do you like to give your kids for breakfast, before school, in the morning?

It seems like we ALWAYS do cereal. Face it. I'm not getting up 5:30 or 6a so that I can prepare sausage and eggs, or a splendid pancake meal. Last night I bananas I needed to use, so I searched all recipes for a banana muffin recipe that would have oats in it. I wanted a breakfast banana. I found something and made them up, so my 5 year old is eating a banana oat muffin. I ate one too, and it's not the greatest, but he's enjoying it and that is what matters right now. 

What kinds of things do you like to have? 

by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I feel the same way.  Our morning routine is craziness as it is, so cooking up a big breakfast just isnt feasible.  And I DO get up at 5:30 every morning, lol.

I basically do Nutri-grain or Kashi Waffles, toast, fruit, cereal, cereal bars or bagels. 

TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Usually cereal :/ but that's what the prefer. I usually do eggs & toast for a lunch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM

sometimes i like to fix blueberry muffins. you can fix them the night before if you like.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM

When I make pancakes I usually double the recipe and make HUGE batches of it. Whatever we dont eat (we usually eat a few each) I take the rest and put them in freezer bags and freeze them. Then in the mornings all you have to do is take them out and nuke them in the microwave or warm in the oven! I do the same with waffles.

saraface5383
by Sara on Oct. 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM
I make oatmeal, cereal, yogurt and fruit or scrambled eggs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM
I want to find a better recipe than I use, currently. I just don't want one that has a million ingredients, lol.
my current recipe is a little eggy tasting, even though it has just one egg

Quoting flowerfunleah:

When I make pancakes I usually double the recipe and make HUGE batches of it. Whatever we dont eat (we usually eat a few each) I take the rest and put them in freezer bags and freeze them. Then in the mornings all you have to do is take them out and nuke them in the microwave or warm in the oven! I do the same with waffles.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM

What's your recipe?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

I want to find a better recipe than I use, currently. I just don't want one that has a million ingredients, lol.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Oct. 2, 2012 at 1:04 PM
A fluffy pancake one from all recipes, lol. That is the name..

Quoting flowerfunleah:

What's your recipe?

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Waffles, bagels, English muffins, cereal, oatmeal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:42 AM
DD is really into smoothies right now too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN