Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

We're moving

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

Dh got a new job up in Colorado Springs (where all our family and friends are) and so we're moving! I think we'll try a change of lifestyle and live in an apartment for awhile. We found a really nice one right in the middle between his new job and my mom so we'll have lots of support when it comes to Claire! And the babies we plan to have in the future.

The hardest part about finding an apartment is one that will except large pets (or pets at all even). We have a big dog (big and lazy!) and a lot of apartments that we like have a weight limit of 80lbs for dogs. I think thats stupid personally. I get the restricted breed list, I do, but there are small dogs that are worse than dogs of a larger size! However, a pet resume', some letters of reccomendation from dog trainers and pet store friends, and an extra pet deposit should take care of that. People are usually impressed by Daisy (mostly because of her size and color) so I don't think it'll be hard getting her in somewhere.

What do people with pets on the restricted breed list DO?? Its a wonder more pets aren't homeless. :-((

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Great news! It's great you found something close to your mom, husbands work... and they accept BIG dogs!
saraface5383
by Sara on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Thats crazy! But good! Are you going to sell?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM

ive never had the problem with a pet but i hope you can get them to accept daisy!

nngmommy83
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:09 PM

yay! I have never had a pet in an apartment so I don't know about all the restrictions but it sounds difficult

DirtyHippyMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Awww yay for being closer to friends/family! 

DirtyHippyMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

GL with moving! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN