Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What games does your four or five year old understand?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM
  • 25 Replies

I'd like to look into a game that Hunter can play with us. He's five and a half years old, but doesn't understand as much or have much patience to sit down for something uninteresting to him.

I have Hi Ho Cherry-Oh in storage that I am going to find and bring out, so we can play that with him. I looked at the back of an Apple to Apples game at WalMart and I don't think he'll get it. It was a Disney edition.

What other young games are there? 

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM

candy land and memory

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I play Chutes and Ladders, Hi Ho Cherry Oh, CandyLand, Hullabaloo and Twister (does not know right/left but still fun) with my 4 year old.

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Quoting diaperstodating:

I play Chutes and Ladders, Hi Ho Cherry Oh, CandyLand, Hullabaloo and Twister (doesnt mnos right/left but still fun) with my 4 year old.

Whta is Hullabaloo?

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

candy land and memory

Memory is out. He doesn't have the patience for it, and isn't able to remember where something is/was. Maybe in a few years.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Hullabalo has mats that you put around the room and a talking thing shaped like a circle that tells you what to do in the game. she says things like "get on a circle" or "get on an instrument" or "get on an animal" at the end the talking thing says "if you are on the blank you are a winner" then she says "take a bow" or "do a funky dance" to the winner
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Quoting diaperstodating:

It has mats that you put around the room and a talking thing shaped like a circle that tells you what to do like "get on a circle" or "get on an instrument" or "get on an animal" at the end the talking thing says "if you are on the blank you are a winner" then she says @take a bow@ or "do a funky dance"

Ahh ok. Would like to stay away electronics... Thank you though!

DirtyHippyMama
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Hide & Seek :) 

DirtyHippyMama

Memory (do they still make that?) 

DirtyHippyMama

Puzzles (not a game, I know) 

saraface5383
by Sara on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Mmmmm, guess who?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)