Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

When are you too sick to go to work?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

So, I'm stealing this from a local radio station.

It's that time of year, though, when colds, flus, and other unwanted illnesses take over our bodies and cause us to do things we don't want to do. Sometimes, it may render you to stay home. 

At what point do you find it necessary to stay home, instead of go to work? If you are a stay at home parent, answer as if you were working or as to if your spouse should stay home and care for the children instead.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
saraface5383
by Sara on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I stay home for the flu but a cold I go. Im a sahm and I cant take off soooo.. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I would take off if I had the flu, throwing up, a fever... I hardly ever take off work. I take off for my sons more than myself.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Throwing up, fever, unsteady. I had to go home when I was pregnant because I felt unsteady. It's rare I can't go to work though. I am off more for DS then myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:41 PM

When I worked I rarely called off. The only time I would is if I had the stomach flu.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I once had a boss demand that I come into work when I called with the stomach flu! needless to say I left 5 minutes later when she told me to go home, she was a horrible witch!

I personally, when working, wished employee's with even a cold would stay home. They were miserable, cranky, and germy and made everyone else the same because we all had to be on our toes so WE didnt get sick as well. IMO, you can get better MUCH quicker by taking a day or two to stay home and get well than pushing yourself to work and be sick. 

But employers are really hard headed about it. My friend Tarrah says that her work writes you up if you call in sick1

nngmommy83
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:39 AM
I have to be bed ridden practically lol otherwise I work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 5:48 AM

If tylenol doesn't fix it,stay home.

Katt709
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 6:44 AM
When I did work, I would stay home when I was too weak to get ready got the day. I'd usually figure that out in the shower. But I'm a sahm now I don't get sick days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM

If im feverish, I always stay home.  If I have the flu or some other stomach issue, I also stay home.  

Same for Keira.  Fever, heavy cough, flu...no school.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN