Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

So I am having my children make ornaments because we need 20 of them to take with us to the Cosley Zoo to decorate a tree. They have to be animal friendly/safe and I cannot think of any ideas. Do you ladies have any ideas/instructions for some?  Thanks! 

*EDIT*

When creating ornaments for your tree please use the following guidelines to ensure that they are durable and wildlife-friendly. Materials Recommended for Ornaments: Wooden items, such as popsicle sticks and clothespins Cereal or pasta strung Strung beads Laminated paper Cranberries, peanuts, seed, and suet Fabric, ribbon, yarn Natural items, such as sticks, shells, and pinecones Recyclable items such as soda cans, plastic bottles and containers Materials NOT Allowed for Ornaments: Fishing line Wire Metal hooks Unlaminated paper (not weather resistant) Pipe cleaners Glass Tinsel Due to limited electrical access, please do not bring lights PLEASE NOTE: The ornaments need to withstand the elements of winter. Ornaments can be painted, varnished, shellacked, or laminated (this does not include food items). Water-soluble glue (Elmer’s) is NOT recommended. Please do not hang any ornaments that are valuable or hold special meaning. The trees remain in the zoo and there is no guarantee the ornaments will remain on the trees.

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Replies (31-34):
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Oooh, I like this one!

Quoting mjimaging:

I found this one

Citrus Cups  

·         Scrape out the pulp of an orange or grapefruit 
·         Poked three evenly spaced holes through the skin using scissors, about ½ inch down from top. Poke another hole at the bottom for drainage. 
·         Thread a 10-12 inch piece of ribbon through the holes and secure with a knot 
·         Tie the three loose ribbon ends together no more than 5 inches above the fruit 

·         Fill the cup with birdseeds and nuts 
·         Store in a cool, dry place for 1-2 days before displaying 

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:52 AM

If I didn't hate glitter so much, i'd totally try this! 

There is a modge podge homemade thing on Pinterest too! Which, is good for people like me who simply don't have stuff like that lying around, lol

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Pinned Image

DIY ~ Hot glue ornament... Complete instructions, end result is even prettier than this photo. >> Would also be cute to pair up with a hanging gift tag on packages. (picture is clicky)

DirtyHippyMama
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM

bump for more ideas for you! 

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM
What a neat idea!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)