20 Cozy Crock-Pot Soup Recipes That Cook Themselves ~ From the stir
20 Cozy Crock-Pot Soup Recipes That Cook Themselves
I would love it if I came home from work and found a hot, fragrant, hearty soup waiting for me. How can I make that happen -- without the use of magic or takeout? With the Crock-Pot, of course! Slow cookers to the rescue. You just throw in the ingredients at the beginning of the day (or maybe the night before), leave for work, and then ta-da! Dinner for everyone.
We've compiled a list of 20 soup recipes written just for the slow cooker. And guess what we found out? There's a Crock-Pot recipe for just about every soup out there. So enjoy a whole season of cozy Crock-Pot soups.
Pho (Vietnamese beef and noodle soup)
Italian Wedding Soup via Food.com
- 16 1/2 ounces meatballs
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1/4 cup acini di pepe pasta (small pasta)
1. Pop the meatballs in the microwave for 1 minute on defrost so you can quarter them.
2. Combine rest of ingredients except pasta in Crock-Pot and cook all day on low.
3. Add the pasta during the last hour of cooking.
By the way, here's a few tips on making those soups extra tasty.
Do you have a favorite Crock-Pot soup recipe?