Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

tablets?!!?! help me please.

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

I really want to get my tablet, , but heres the kicker....I dont have internet access at home. I have places I could go to with wifi to download games, but once I leave would she still be able to play the games without wifi connection?? because my kindle you have to have wifi to play any of the games, and its aggravating, if I buy her one of these I want her to be able to play her games I download any where she goes....any advice on a tablet would be great!

Truly Grateful , For each and every day!!!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraface5383
by Sara on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I have no idea! Bump!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM
I'm not sure... Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM
Tablets are best with Internet. That bein said, it depends on the game. DD has a kindle fire and she plays games all the time without the internet. She downloaded them and plays offline. I have an iPad and we play games on there without the Internet as well. We don't have Internet right now either. Other then games and ereaders, I have not found much use for tablet. I won't buy another. Laptops only for me from now on.
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

If the game requires an internet connection to download then it's a pretty sure bet that you'll need the internet to play it.

TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

You want to get your daughter one? How old is she? Depends on the game if WiFi is needed. Games like Angry Birds don't require Internet connection. It just really depends. 

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I think it would depend on the game actually. Most do require WIFI connection

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM
None of our games do. To download yes, update yes, in app purchases yes but to play no.

Quoting nngmommy83:

I think it would depend on the game actually. Most do require WIFI connection

athompson2189
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM

shes almost 5. and I was wanting it for the angry birds...thats her favorite game, but I was wanting it to download educational games as well....my kindle fire used to you would just download the games, and could play nearly half of them including angry birds offline, and now you have to have internet connection for everything except reading your books. or I would just give her my kindle.

Truly Grateful , For each and every day!!!

DirtyHippyMama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Not sure but BUMP! !

DirtyHippyMama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Hope you can find out! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN