Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

At what age, did your little ones..

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:56 AM
  • 19 Replies

At what age did your littles one begin telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas?

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Keira was 3 when we wrote her first letter to Santa.  

Clover is 2 and is already telling me what she wants.  Shes had help from Keira though, ha.  

TristanMitchael
by Kristina‚ô• on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:56 AM
The first year Tristan really got into it was last year when he was 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:24 AM

This year :) Miah's really getting into telling me what she wants to tell Santa. I got the Toys R Us big toy book and let her cut out and glue what she wanted from Santa. When she's done, we're going to send it to Santa (my Dad) so he can send her a letter back.

saraface5383
by Sara on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM
About 3 ish
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Dd is only almost two so she doesn't get what Santa is yet.

laughnchica
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:34 PM

So mine is 3 and still scared of Santa...she is under the misconception that Christmas is like her birthday and all the presents are for her. How do we show her that Santa isn't scary and about Christmas being for everyone??

ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting laughnchica:

So mine is 3 and still scared of Santa...she is under the misconception that Christmas is like her birthday and all the presents are for her. How do we show her that Santa isn't scary and about Christmas being for everyone??

Well, it's normal for the fear of the real guy. Maybe watch some good ole Christmas movies, that are to her age. 

As far as the presents go, just explain that not everything is hers. Make it a point to say, "Oh look! One for daddy! He must have been a good boy!" 

Then, go on to explain why YOU have Christmas. Whether you celebrate Yule, Christmas, Hanukkah, or even just the fact of having family, explain it. See if you can't find a book about it. Christmas books are super easy to find, as are Hanukkah. Yule and Winter Solstice might be harder to find, since it's, sadly, shunned. 

piercedbeauty21
by Shaye on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That's tough. I never had that problem with dd. Maybe you can watch some kiddie Santa movies with her and show her how Santa shares with everybody. Let her make little handmade gifts for people and give them away. Explain that it's nice to share and if Santa didn't feel like sharing, then she wouldn't have any presents to look forward to.

Quoting laughnchica:

laughnchica
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I don't think it is a BAD thing she is scared of him...she is even scared of him when he is in a movie lol. We are watching more with Santa so maybe that will help as she sees more of him.

We tell her that Christmas is for everyone and not for her but...doesn't seem to stick quite yet. We will make sure she sees that everyone gets present not just her. She seems to be a person who learns by...doing or being a part of so seeing that others get presents on Christmas, I think, will help her realize it  but...it just seems that Christmas nowadays is about how many presents you get and that just makes me sad sometimes. I hope she doesn't get that way.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting laughnchica:

Well, it's normal for the fear of the real guy. Maybe watch some good ole Christmas movies, that are to her age. 

As far as the presents go, just explain that not everything is hers. Make it a point to say, "Oh look! One for daddy! He must have been a good boy!" 

Then, go on to explain why YOU have Christmas. Whether you celebrate Yule, Christmas, Hanukkah, or even just the fact of having family, explain it. See if you can't find a book about it. Christmas books are super easy to find, as are Hanukkah. Yule and Winter Solstice might be harder to find, since it's, sadly, shunned. 

laughnchica
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

i really like the idea of mayking little gifts and giving them to people! I definitely think I will do that. =)

Quoting piercedbeauty21:

That's tough. I never had that problem with dd. Maybe you can watch some kiddie Santa movies with her and show her how Santa shares with everybody. Let her make little handmade gifts for people and give them away. Explain that it's nice to share and if Santa didn't feel like sharing, then she wouldn't have any presents to look forward to.

Quoting laughnchica:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)