Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Why does he have to climb everything!

Posted by   + Show Post
My 15 month old is all over everything! He loves to climb!
He even tries to climb over the baby gates and he (luckily) has yet to figure out how but he gets on the tiny part of the stairs that sits out from under the baby gate and holds onto the gate and hangs his head back!
He is trying to climb my fridge right now :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Replies (11-19):
saraface5383
by Sara on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Thats exactly why!

Quoting Gweneveer:

hahaha....I never had climbers, luckily!

Hes doing it to give you a heart attack, why else?  lmao!

saraface5383
by Sara on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Omg 9 months?! Thats insane! The bending backward thing is terrifying! It scares everything out of me, i just dont know how he cant be scared. Lol. Omg just reading your reply im like omg! Your daughter is fearless!

OMG i really hope my son doesnt manage to get on top of the fridge, i have a feeling he will, easily.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Lol, I totally sympathize. My second was climbing over gates and onto our kitchen table and stuff at 9 months. :-\ She's 2.5 now and still a little monkey. She loves to do the bend backward thing too except that now she climbs up the ladders and things at the playground and will stop at the very top and bend backwards almost in half. I remember loving doing that kind of thing as a kid too though. She loves doing it on swings too. She has me give her an underdoggy and then sometimes suddenly right afterwards when she's still swinging high she'll fling herself backwards. Gives me a heart attack. Lol! I think she inherited that from me. But the climbing I think she got from her dad. If I remember right he loved to climb and actually managed to climb on top of the fridge as a toddler.

GodsAmiga
by New Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Lol! Yeah, she started walking at 8 months and was climbing everything inside and out by 9 months. I tell her sometimes that she's going to be the one to give me gray hair. :-)
And lol! My daughter came close to the fridge but once she got on the counter she couldn't find anything to stand on to get her up to the top of the it. I think boys might be more prone to "rock climbing" up though... ;-)

Quoting saraface5383:

Omg 9 months?! Thats insane! The bending backward thing is terrifying! It scares everything out of me, i just dont know how he cant be scared. Lol. Omg just reading your reply im like omg! Your daughter is fearless!

OMG i really hope my son doesnt manage to get on top of the fridge, i have a feeling he will, easily.

Quoting GodsAmiga:

Lol, I totally sympathize. My second was climbing over gates and onto our kitchen table and stuff at 9 months. :-\ She's 2.5 now and still a little monkey. She loves to do the bend backward thing too except that now she climbs up the ladders and things at the playground and will stop at the very top and bend backwards almost in half. I remember loving doing that kind of thing as a kid too though. She loves doing it on swings too. She has me give her an underdoggy and then sometimes suddenly right afterwards when she's still swinging high she'll fling herself backwards. Gives me a heart attack. Lol! I think she inherited that from me. But the climbing I think she got from her dad. If I remember right he loved to climb and actually managed to climb on top of the fridge as a toddler.

DirtyHippyMama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Oh no! 

DirtyHippyMama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

My son can climb at times too, makes life crazy 

Legaltype
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Because he's a kid and that's what kids do (lol).

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM

oh man! Thankfully neither of my kids went through this phase

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Anjolyna is the same....at 11 months old she climbed out of her crib and didnt even know how to walk yet

saraface5383
by Sara on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Ahhahaha! That is awesome!

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Anjolyna is the same....at 11 months old she climbed out of her crib and didnt even know how to walk yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)