Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's been a day...

Posted by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM
  • 10 Replies
I got up and made breakfast for the kiddos before sending them out of town with the grandparents. They appear to be having a good time. Then I made chocolate chip cookies, baked a turkey, made a banana cream pie, made twice baked potato casserole and potato skins to go with them. We are cooking the turkey carcass for stock now and the swordfish is on the grill. Homemade rolls are about to come out of the oven and I still have to make shortbread cookies. I prepped jambalaya for the weekend. I also sewed my tree skirt but I didn't get it done. I do have all the snowmen attached and most of the trees. I hope to get the rest of the trees on tonight. Then it's redbox the rest of the evening.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Yum! 

TristanMitchael
by Kristina‚ô• on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Crap, I'm hungry now lol.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM
The swordfish wasn't my favorite. It's a bit more fishy then I like. Everything else was good. Of course I haven't tried the pie and I never got I the shortbread cookies. I hit a wall and couldn't even stay awake for our movies. Now I'm up for work. Blah, why couldn't I be off today!
athompson2189
by New Member on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:48 AM

very productive!! hope it was all yummy and you got to redbox-it the rest of the evening!! =)

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Nov. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Swordfish is a tricky fish to cook! Have you ever tried shark???

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:15 PM
I haven't. The swordfish was grilled. I think it was cooked right it just wasn't my favorite. I heard we should try hark. Not sure where to get our hands on that though.

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Swordfish is a tricky fish to cook! Have you ever tried shark???

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Yea we always caught it when we went to the coast...if you ever go fishing for shark make sure its cleaned immediately because other wise the meat will taste super funky!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:19 PM
I've heard that about a couple different fish but we are inland. No coast by us.

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Yea we always caught it when we went to the coast...if you ever go fishing for shark make sure its cleaned immediately because other wise the meat will taste super funky!

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Yea I only ate it in Florida when we lived there we used to go fishing off this pier and we had to get them up over the side knock their heads in (I could never do that part or watch lol) then they had to be gutted....dh said something about them pissing the meat and ruining it..... I've not had it since and I sure do missit!!!

Quoting mjimaging:

I've heard that about a couple different fish but we are inland. No coast by us.

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Wow! Busy day : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)