Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Who will put the love in my coffee?

Posted by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM
  • 4 Replies

That's the title of a blog post that just brought me to tears for most of my morning the day I read it. This post isn't to bring you ladies to the same tears as myself so don't worry. But I have thoughts and because I love you ladies so much, I'm gonna share them with you. 

Thangiving reminded me to check Ty's blog. It's a family I've been following for a litte over a year or so now. 

The bearer of love for the coffee in question is a little 5 year old super hero by the name of Ty Louis Campell (http://www.superty.org/). The blog, however, is written by his mother and that's what I'm really moved by, his mother.

Maybe it's because I'm a mother myself so I'm much more emotionally unstable when it comes to this sort of thing, maybe it's because Claire is right around the age that Ty was when he was diagnosed with a form of brain cancer, or it could be that maybe my own experience of watching someone dear to me struggle with cancer. Her admissions, so freely given, of uncontrollable tears when she glances at Ty's spot or watching her youngest son play with Ty's toys, breaks my heart a little right along with hers and I find myself in tears because I want so badly for it to just not be so. Mommy's should never be without their babies and Ty's mommy is so amazing that it goes doubly so for her. 

So while I'm thankful for everything I have, my little family (no shortage of love here!), the health of my baby, food on my table, and of course for the love in my coffee.

This year however I also want to extend my thankfulness to Ty's mommy because while she may not see it and she may never read this, she is truely an inspiration to mommy's everywhere when it comes to love,healing, and being grateful for everything, through everything. So go read her blog, learn about the little superhero and inspiration Ty Campbell, and that's my grateful post! I just wanted to make one too. :-)

Who puts the love in your coffee? Do you have any special routines with your children?

by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Nov. 23, 2012 at 2:08 PM

OMG that just made me bawl my eyes out!!!

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Yep, me too :(

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Me too. 

Quoting Gweneveer:

Yep, me too :(

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:20 PM
So sad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN