Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Spent all weekend away...

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
We took a mini vacation to winter park Colorado. We drive four hours Friday to get here. Once we got here we chilled and watched tv. We got up Saturday and made breakfast, after snuggle time with DS. After breakfast I put the jambalaya in the slow cooker and we headed out to find a sledding hill. We got to the one that they saw people sledding on before but there were signs saying to keep off and it was a pretty ugly hill. We decided to go to another small town and after driving about an hour, there wasn't any snow there. We walked around the town for a couple hours while Miikka played at the park with DH and fil. It was a beautiful day. Shops were nice although many are closed until they get some snow. It was on te other side of Rockey mountain national park from Estes. We eventually headed back to winter park and hit the hot tub for a bit. Came back, photographed the setting sun on the mountains and ate the jambalaya. Definitly a keeper of a recipe. After dinner we walke downtown to look at lights and get some hot chocolate. We sat by the town fire to warm up and enjoyed the lit trees. We headed back to the condo an layers around and eventually had chocolate and peanut butter banana cream pie. It was yummy. We headed to bed and now it's morning. I imagine we will eat breakfast, chill some more, eat lunch and head out. DH is hoping the big horn sheep population is around in glenwood to photograph when we go through. Hoping to get in early enough to relax before settling indie te night. We both work tomorrow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Good times! You guys have a condo?

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM
My inlaws do a timeshare so they rented a condo there. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms. Nice balcony. Fireplace. I think it was at least as big as our apartment.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Good times! You guys have a condo?

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Sounds fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Sounds amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina‚ô• on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Sounds nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Sounds like an awesome weekend!  Glad you guys got to spend some one on one time together away......sounds like a dream come true to me!  ha!

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Just so you know...Im so jealous of you!!!

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM
We just try to take advantage of our opportunities. We seem to get in a rut and it's hard to get out so we do as much as we can as often on a small budget.

Quoting tatuchick4u2c:

Just so you know...Im so jealous of you!!!

tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Nov. 26, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Soundsl ike so much fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN