Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Anyone else have a lack of self- discipline, when it comes to house cleaning?

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM
  • 10 Replies

Well, I do. I have a serious lack of want to do it. I'm one of those, I get into moods, and I like to have music to listen to when I'm cleaning. In the morning, the kids get the TV... I know, shame shame. It keeps them fairly quiet (when Hunter is even home) while I still attempt to wake up. Then, hubs gets up and turns on his shows. I can't wait until the end of our contract for DirecTV.. I'll be able to get rid of it, and the only replacements we'll have it netflix, possibly hulu, and the vhs and dvd's we have. The kids will have to play with toys instead, and I can turn on MUSIC! 

Anyways, I need to get stuff done today.

Here are a few things...

Pick up living room, kids room, play room

Clean litter boxes

Vacuum super well

Decorate the tree (It's up, and lit... just no decorations yet, lol)

Get diapers washed

start on clothes

I'm hoping that, with this list, I might be able to get more done?! I doubt it, but it's worth a shot! Off to make coffee! Melanie sees the dentist at 10 to 11 :)

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I try not to let things go too much.....then I end up paying on the other end trying to get it all done.  It makes me nuts.  

I clean the house on a schedule.  Today I do laundry....all day.  lol.  

Tomorrow is the kitchen floor and vacuum, Thursday is the bathroom, I clean the other rooms as needed.  I do sheets on Mondays.  Gah.  I HAVE to stick to my schedule, or Im a crazy person!

Good luck getting it all done today!

TristanMitchael
by Kristina♥ on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM

My living room is a mess since we got the new tv and entertainment center. DH didn't get the wall mount installed so the tv is where the fishtank needs to go so the fishtank is in the middle of the floor. Also all the junk from the entertainment center is in boxes and scattered all over. Trash is tomorrow too so here is what I need to do:

Clean out fridge
Clean litter box and rabbit cages
Go through boxes and organize them
Move small TV back into our bedroom
Move tank so it don't get broken.

That's just the beginning of the list :/

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Same. 

Sometimes I get into cleaning mood and HAVE to have it done buts always a long while in between those moods. Usually I can get dh to clean if i push him hard enough.

huntersmama711
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:35 AM
I'm the same way. It's pretty sad tho. I'm a sahm and I can't get the motivation half the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
artemisa3001
by Member on Nov. 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I don't like cleaning, doing laundry or any of those fun things... and even less now that I'm working 6 days a week, leaving home @ 7:50 and coming back at around 7 depending on traffic. But if I'm cleaning, I like drinking a beer while doing it  lol

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM
I hate cleaning. We don't have enough space so we are far too cluttered. We har a bit to get done before Friday but because I har sewing to get some, no one will do the cleaning. It needs to get done for the Christmas tree!
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Nov. 27, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I hate cleaning, its hard for me to get done even more so now, Im tired from being pregnant, this house is too small and we have too much crap

saraface5383
by Sara on Nov. 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM
I clean all the time. If things are messy i get anxious. The only thing that is messy is the play room and thats during the day, at night we put it all back and vacuum.
nngmommy83
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Sometimes but I try to keep a schedule so I won't get overwhelmed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Legaltype
by on Nov. 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM

My house stays pretty much picked up, but the cleaning part (i.e. bathrooms, dusting, etc.) I try to space out on the four weekends a month. It's hard to keep everything spotless and go to work too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)