Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question 11/27

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

How did you come up with your kids names?  Are they named after someone?  Did you pick out the name or did your DH?  

If you were to have another one do you already have a name picked out?

by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Gweneveer
by Colleen on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I picked Keira's first name and Keith picked Jordan for her middle name.  I didnt want to name my kids after anyone.  Its just not my style.  

I tossed the name Clover around when I was preggo again, and Keith fell in love with it.  I was on the fence the entire pregnancy.  So much that I was in labor looking up baby names.  I wasnt sure I could go thru with it.  Now, I LOVE it, its perfect for her!

If I were to have a boy it would be Cullen.  Not sure on a girl.  

we are done, I just like thinking of names anyway, ha.

mjimaging
by Melissa on Nov. 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Katherine I picked and her first name is after a lady I was friends with at the time and I just liked tr name. Danielle is her middle name and that was after my good friend that just adores her to no end. Miikka was picked by DH an he's named after the Calgery flames goalie. Austin is his middle name and that was just do he'd have a normal middle name in case he didn't like his first name. I didn't like Miikka at first but the name really grew on me after he was born and now I love it. We have a pretty solid boy name picked out. We would go with Liam Eugene. A girl name is still up in the air.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina‚ô• on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Tristan was going to be Jaxen... well originally Jaxsyn then I changed it to Jaxen so I can call him Jax. Then I started to second guess it and when I was in the hospital for high BP the nurse was talking about what her kids names were and what she would of named them and one of them was Tristan. I loved it. I had forgotten I liked it even before she mentioned it! When I was younger and watched Legend of the falls I fell in love with it. So we decided to wait until he was born and decide between Jaxen and Tristan and Tristan won.

Adelyn was going to be Madelyn. It's a name I have loved forever. My mom liked the name Adele because it was my great grandma's middle name. So I improvised and dropped the M. I was still not sure but then my sister started ordering things personalized because she thought I had decided on Adelyn for sure. Sometimes I wish I had just gone with Madelyn because it was my forever loved name. But Adelyn suites her too.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

We wanted a one syllabll (why does that not seem as if its spelled right??)  name that couldn't be shortened or reworded as something else. We had originally chosen Eleanor has her name but the moment we told family that people started calling her Elly, even before she was born! 

So we chose Claire as her first name and then Dh wanted to spell her middle name Elanor instead of Eleanor because Elanor is spelled that way in Lord of the Rings lol. I gave in and gave him that.

For our next baby if we have a girl I really enjoy the name Alice or Delilah.

For a boy it'll be either Oliver or Finn.

Gweneveer
by Colleen on Nov. 27, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Drop that last L and add an E, lol!

I love the name Delilah!!  

Quoting flowerfunleah:

We wanted a one syllabll (why does that not seem as if its spelled right??)  name that couldn't be shortened or reworded as something else. We had originally chosen Eleanor has her name but the moment we told family that people started calling her Elly, even before she was born! 

So we chose Claire as her first name and then Dh wanted to spell her middle name Elanor instead of Eleanor because Elanor is spelled that way in Lord of the Rings lol. I gave in and gave him that.

For our next baby if we have a girl I really enjoy the name Alice or Delilah.

For a boy it'll be either Oliver or Finn.

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 27, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Both are just names I liked
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)