Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

When you went ty school.

Posted by   + Show Post
Did your parents refer to your teachers with Mrs., Mr., Miss, or Ms.?

At my son's school, they are very first name basis with parents and faculty... I find it weird.

Eta: students say mr. A (principal) and such. But, faculty doesn't fast that to parents. They'll tell me, "I'll let jennifer know then," instead of "I'll let Mrs. C know."
They were first name basis with parents and other faculty. Students address them, though, with Mr. and so on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Replies (41-45):
arpazia
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I can't even call a teacher by her first name now!
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM

We all, parents and children, referred to teachers and staff and janitorial staff as Mr, Miss, Mrs.

MamaBear2cubs
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM

That's so strange. I can not imagine my kids being on a first name basis with their teachers.Weird

copperswifey
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM

It was always Miss or Mrs and last name. My daughter is in kindergarten now and they call her main teacher Mrs. and last name but the aides are called Miss Amber and Miss Wanda.,.  I'm a teachers assistant and they do Mrs. and my last name. That would be a little strange just calling them by just their first name. :)

alliesmom112
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM

We live in a small suburb. Like everybody goes to church together, the one teaching dd in school may also be a Sunday School teacher at church. In fact in works out way more than not. So while DD may call them Mrs A. I will call them by their first name and when they are talking about other teachers they will refer to them by first names. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)