Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

When you wash dishes, what do you do?

Posted by   + Show Post

My husband always washes out the second sink, then sets the dishes in it as he washes. He waits until it's practically full, and then rinses them.

I don't like it... I find it leaves a residue, because as they sit, they end up drying slightly, with soapy water on them. Unless you scrub when you rinse, they aren't rinsing clean. I do appreciate that he does the dishes, nonetheless. I check them all when I go to put them away, because he has a habit of not scrubbing dried on stuff out/off, such as milk or cheese...

I usually wash the dish, and immediately rinse it and set in the in strainer. Lately, I've been washing the dishes in the sudsy water, and leaving them in the water, just stacking them in there, and then being able to rinse everything at one time, lol. They remain wet the whole time, so no sudsy water drying before rinsing :)

What do you do? What does your hubby do?

This applies to hand washing, not dishwashers, lol

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM
Replies (11-20):
timon95
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 PM

i rinse them then stick them in the dishwasher

Kainalu55
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:42 AM

Wash, rinse and set to dry

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM

I hadn't thought of soapy residue drying on the dishes. I always rinse immediately anyway and then set them in the other sink to drain.

girlshroom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I rinse them off then put them in the dishwasher most of the time but there are some times when I have a few extra dirties that I wash my hand.  Which in that case I wash and rinse them off the same time and then air dry on a towel on the counter.

TheBabyFactory4
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I dont wash much by hand, I usually just put a drop of soap on the pot or dish and use hot water and my dish rag

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM

i only hand wash the pots and pans and i wash and rinse before grabbing another.

Wish2Be
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Wash, rinse, and put in the dry rack for each item.

Bob192
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

For the handwash ones.  I wash then rinse and put on the mat to dry.

hopealways4019
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:35 AM
I'm not married, but at the animal shelter where I work. They wash dishes, than let sit in bleach water for 10 minutes. At home I just wash and rinse my dishes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I rinse them and then put them in the dishwasher

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)