Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

I think about it, many times in the day.

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this

The massacre. The tragedy. The horrific crime committed against 27 individuals, 20 of them being not even old enough to understand death. Because of one individuals actions, hundreds, if not thousands, of parents are left trying to explain to their children what happened. Death just simply isn't explainable in little kids terms, for them to truly understand. 

As a parent, it's heartbreaking. I haven't told my son about it, and I probably won't. He's only five, and his media exposure has been limited, and they are not discussing it at school unless a child has a specific question. I'm thankful for this. I have a child who simply doesn't understand, even when you do try to explain things, despite his being five years old. 

But, there is just not a day in the last few, that I haven't thought about the tragic events, at least ten times. Times where I held back tears, or grabbed my kids cheeks and kissed them a few extra times, and hugged their innocent little bodies a little tighter. 

I can only hope that the parents, the siblings, grandparents, extended families, friends, and the community is able to rebound from this. To stand up, and be strong again. To live on, and honor these lost souls. To find comfort with one another. I cannot imagine what's it's like to lose my child, nor do I want to try to imagine. My children are my life. 

I extend my virtual hug to anyone needing one, regardless of how you are connected to this tragedy. While each person is an individual, we are still part of a nation. It affects us all. May we all stand a little taller, so we can boost those down to stand tall, in hopes that they can, once again, regain their strength and live on in their loved one's names. 

Blessed Be.

by on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
notjstanothrmom
by Member on Dec. 17, 2012 at 2:57 PM

:'( I am right there with you. I kept my son home from school and had a long talk with his school councillor about it. I can understand a teenager going off and shooting classmates, it is something some people feel angry for and want power. I can understand a mentally unstable person opening fire on a group of people in the mall. I cannot understand how ANYONE would EVER be motivated to go and kill Kindergarteners. I will never get that. I certainly don't know why someone would shoot another innocent person, but a BABY? I just can't process that at least one person in this world (an so close to home) would do such an absolutely horrendous act. :'(

My kids also have no idea and I plan to keep it that way.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I try not to. :(

hopealways4019
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM
My 6 ,4 yr old is already familiar with death, unfortunately. I lost my 10 yr old son this summer. I don't shield my children from the reality, of the evil that exist in this world. I'm preparing them to face the world, once they walk out the door. To let them know evil do exist, so always try to be careful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TristanMitchael
by Kristina‚ô• on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM
We told the kids about it. But we were also at McDonald's and a dad started going ballistic because a mom asked him to ask his kids not to climb up the slide. You just never know where danger is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iknitsweatersyo
by on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Oh no! Im so sorry that happened to you! )))hugs(((

Quoting hopealways4019:

My 6 ,4 yr old is already familiar with death, unfortunately. I lost my 10 yr old son this summer. I don't shield my children from the reality, of the evil that exist in this world. I'm preparing them to face the world, once they walk out the door. To let them know evil do exist, so always try to be careful.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Thank you, so much!!

Quoting iknitsweatersyo:

Oh no! Im so sorry that happened to you! )))hugs(((

Quoting hopealways4019:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Susan0805
by New Member on Dec. 22, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Me too, its terrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM

This was so sad.I cant imagine how they felt.To lose your child and in such a senseless manner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)