Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun
A zumba class tomorrow. Im excited but nervous. I dont want to be the only fat kid huffing and puffing...:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Replies (21-28):
jessicasmom1
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM

have fun! 

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Fun!  One of my online BFFs and her husband are Zumba instructors.  It's so much fun :)

Threes.Company
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Absolutely. When you're in the lower zones 1-3, your body is primarily burning stored fats. But when you get into zones 4-5, you're burning sugars, carbs and muscle. It's ok to spend a few mins at a time in the higher zones for building cardio endurance... But for weight loss you've got to bring it back down to the lower zones.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Zones? There is a difference?

Quoting Threes.Company:

Zumba is really fun!  Though I had to stop doing it when I was trying to lose weight.  It elevated my heart rate too much and pulled me out of a fat-burning zone and into a sugar-burning zone.  It wasn't good for my goals.  I can do it now, but now I'm so hooking on strength training, running, biking, swimming, etc, that I am no longer interested in it! :)  I do take a dance class weekly, though!

Hope you're enjoying it!  I see this post is from earlier in the month.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ForeverInLove
by Patsy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:19 AM

What are these zones? I've never heard of that before.

Quoting Threes.Company:

Absolutely. When you're in the lower zones 1-3, your body is primarily burning stored fats. But when you get into zones 4-5, you're burning sugars, carbs and muscle. It's ok to spend a few mins at a time in the higher zones for building cardio endurance... But for weight loss you've got to bring it back down to the lower zones.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Zones? There is a difference?

Quoting Threes.Company:

Zumba is really fun!  Though I had to stop doing it when I was trying to lose weight.  It elevated my heart rate too much and pulled me out of a fat-burning zone and into a sugar-burning zone.  It wasn't good for my goals.  I can do it now, but now I'm so hooking on strength training, running, biking, swimming, etc, that I am no longer interested in it! :)  I do take a dance class weekly, though!

Hope you're enjoying it!  I see this post is from earlier in the month.

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I dont think I would last 5 mins.Lol. GL

aneela
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM

oh cool...hope you have fun

copperswifey
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I'm sure you found out how much fun they are. It's a great way to exercise! :)

alliesmom112
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I love Zunba!! You will have fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)