Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Fun outside winter activities

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this

Besides building a snow fort, a snow man & sledding, here are some other fun outside winter activities:

1) Color snow - 1 spray bottle per color w water & a few drops of the food coloring

2) Play construction site - instead of the trucks etc in the sandbox, use them in the snow!

3) Target practise - draw a target on an outside wall & throw snowballs at it

4) Bring the snow inside! You just need a tub/child, a towel to put the tubs on, things to play in/with the snow.  You could add washable paint for coloring the snow (which will wash out better than food dye).

What other ideas do you have for playing in the snow?

Pregnancy%20ticker

Gwen (43) David (55) Augie (5.5) Alex (4)

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheBabyFactory4
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Those would be fun if we had snow. Today the highs reached the 70's
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Oh shush now! It's currently -8 here with a windchill of -28. Getting down to -12. Tomorrow a high of 13, but the windchill is still supposed to be below 0.

Pregnancy%20ticker

Gwen (43) David (55) Augie (5.5) Alex (4)

TheBabyFactory4
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I used to want to live where it snowed. Then i grew up and realized that it involves work like having to shovel your drive and i have 4 kids so that would involve spending way more on winter wardrobe for things like a coat, scarf, gloves, hats snow boots and snow gear. Here they only need pants maybe long sleeve shirts and hoodies or lightweight jackets. last week it actually got cold for us for several nights in a row. It was in the low 30's at night and stayed in the 40's during the day

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

Oh shush now! It's currently -8 here with a windchill of -28. Getting down to -12. Tomorrow a high of 13, but the windchill is still supposed to be below 0.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM

i can't think of anything that hasn't already been listed

MichelleK41
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Ohhhh thanks for sharing these ideas. =)

GwenMB
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM

There is work involved with living anywhere.  I'm sure you have to do things we don't.  Like mowing your lawn in the winter - mowing happens more often than shoveling the snow most of the time.  A winter wardrobe doesn't have to be expensive.  My older son wears the same clothes year round actually.  The bad thing about wearing the same clothes year round is that they wear out faster so you potentially have to replace them before you would because they grew.

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

I used to want to live where it snowed. Then i grew up and realized that it involves work like having to shovel your drive and i have 4 kids so that would involve spending way more on winter wardrobe for things like a coat, scarf, gloves, hats snow boots and snow gear. Here they only need pants maybe long sleeve shirts and hoodies or lightweight jackets. last week it actually got cold for us for several nights in a row. It was in the low 30's at night and stayed in the 40's during the day

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting TheBabyFactory4:

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:41 AM

no snow here =/

sukainah
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Those are good ideas!

Sometimes we make snow ice cream.

KaylaMillar
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Oh great ideas! Tfs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I wish I had something to contribute, but I have no snow experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN