Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

Extracurriculars

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 24 Replies
What fun extracurricular activities do your kids do outside of school, preschool or being home? Are they signed up for clubs, classes, activities, sports?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leelee1008
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

my oldest does chess club after school. truth be told he signed up because they only play like an hour of chess and the rest of the time is spent playing in the gym. he also Does basball. My middle DS has done baseball, but decided he didnt want to last year and this year. I am not sure whats going to happen.

Threes.Company
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:08 PM

How funny!!! :)  Whatever makes them happy, right? 

Quoting Leelee1008:

my oldest does chess club after school. truth be told he signed up because they only play like an hour of chess and the rest of the time is spent playing in the gym. he also Does basball. My middle DS has done baseball, but decided he didnt want to last year and this year. I am not sure whats going to happen.

lyrick24
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM

when my kids were little they were. one was in football and basketball and track and one was in cheerleading at high school and then competitive cheerleading. i loved every minute of it and cant wait till my grandson starts playing football next year.

Leelee1008
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM

LOL yeah. He also did it beacuse he wants to go to a vo-tech highschool, and extra curicular looks good on the application. he is only in 6th grade though and has 2 years before he can even apply but hes trying to work towards it now.

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting Leelee1008:

Threes.Company
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:17 PM

That is GREAT that he is so focused and able to understand that the decisions he makes now will affect his plans 2 years from now.  That's unusual for a 6th grader! :)

Quoting Leelee1008:

LOL yeah. He also did it beacuse he wants to go to a vo-tech highschool, and extra curicular looks good on the application. he is only in 6th grade though and has 2 years before he can even apply but hes trying to work towards it now.

Quoting Threes.Company:

Quoting Leelee1008:

SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

nothing yet--talking about the oldest doing t-ball (softee-ball for girls, here) this spring/summer

tayanddyl
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM

My son plays the trombone he's in the symphonic band at school as well as Saturday Music School

Both my girls are in ballet

MamaMandee
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM

My youngest (4) does not have anything currently. My middle child (9) has a weekly library club he goes to. My oldest (14) has youth group and is preparing for try outs this Spring for Show Choir. 

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:27 PM

we dont do anything yet because of money and transportation issues :(

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

My dd played tball last year.  I think we're going to sign her up for it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)