By: Tania Cowling
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Puppets are universally appealing to young children. They are approachable, interesting, and funny. There is a wide variety of beautiful commercial puppets available; however, homemade puppets work just as well and can have more personality.
What you'll need:
- Pink, red, and white poster board
How to make it:
- Cut out a three-inch paper heart and a one-inch paper heart from red (or pink) poster board.
- Make two finger holes in the top of the large heart.
- Draw a face on the smaller one.
- Overlap pointed ends of the hearts and glue these together.
- Accordion-fold strips of paper and glue these to the heart for arms.
- Place your fingers inside the holes and manipulate these heart puppets.
- Kids will enjoy working the puppets alone. Make up a story together about this valentine puppet or sing a favorite song.