Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

#5 of 10 Family Bonding Activities

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

Volunteer

It's absurdly easy to get caught up in day-to-day problems. When we're consumed with a million little worries, we forget how good we really have it.

Volunteering as a family is an excellent way to foster a sense of self-worth, help improve the lives of less fortunate families and give back to the community. Whether you make it a weekly, monthly or quarterly event, consider giving each family member the opportunity to choose the cause you support. Your pint-sized daughter might want to help out children her own age by volunteering at the local pediatric hospital, or your teen might prefer to build a house with Habitat for Humanity. Truly ambitious families might choose to forego a traditional vacation in favor of a volunteer-based one, such as a church mission trip to Haiti or other areas devastated by natural disaster. Such eye-opening and rewarding experiences might help your teen stifle his moans about the injustices of driving Uncle Ed's old station wagon.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Lindalou907
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Well said. Volunteering is so good for families! I had to force my kids a couple of times to do the right thing but now that they are adults they are awesome humans.

GypsiSky
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Volunteering is awesome! My mom let me (hmmmm.... Made me, lol) volunteer as a child. My kids love helping with charities and such.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:17 AM

My kids and I used to go visit a nursing home and bring them goodies and homemeade ornaments and cards.We raise money for alzheimers and raise items needed for a dog rescue.We also  get things donated(clothes food blankets etc) for a homeless man and his  dog

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Great idea :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN