Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do busy moms provide healthy snacks for their kids?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 170 Replies
7 moms liked this

Getting your child to eat healthy snacks when you're on the go can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We gave 40 CafeMom members "On-the-Go Family Fun" packs complete with portable activities and Snack & Go products from  Mott's and asked them to try it with their families. Only Mott's Applesauce pouch has true applesauce taste in a convenient package for busy families on the go!

Tell us about your busy family. How do you provide healthy snacks for your kids?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat

i don't know how other busy moms do snacks, but i try to not have too much junk. I'd rather buy apple sauce and yogurt than other stuff i have seen on the shelves (dunkaroos are not included in that because they are AWESOME, but only i eat them). we try different things, and if DS does not like it i won't make him eat it. luckily he loves bananas, apples, clementines, grapes and pears. in winter we tend to go for the packaged things more because fruit is expensive, so we do more of carrot sticks or cheese sticks. 

we are always going to friend's houses, parks, sometimes down to NYC to visit family. the apple sauce in the pouches is so much easier than the little cups. no need to bring plastic spoons or regular spoons (that are so hard to wash after the apple sauce dries!). I'll try anything once so we'll also try the yogurt in the pouches.

sorry i don't have pictures my camera broke.

story0702
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this

We do lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Applesauce and yogurt in pouchs are big ones too. No extra spoons needed!! I am always loading up a lunch bag with things for the kids to snack while we are hoping from one practice or meeting to another! I wish my camera was working so Icould attach some pictures. 

endurablemist
2 moms liked this
If we have a lot to do, I pack crackers, cut veggies, granola bars into my purse. I love things that don't need spoons, just ready to eat. I keep sliced veggies in bags in the fridge just to grab and go!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TJFBGMommy
2 moms liked this

Lots of fresh and dried fruit. I recently started making some energy bars for the kids to keep in their pockets while snowboarding. They're great for a quick treat while on the chair lift. 

MamaDearie

Granola bars, trail mix, fruit, cheese, applesauce on the go, and always make sure we have little bottles of water in the van!

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

MamaDearie
5 moms liked this

Here is my youngest trying the Mott's On The Go (while on the go in her car seat) and LOVING it! 

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Valentines tickers

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Ready to eat snacks in the van like applesauce, yogurt, crackers and granola bars, with water bottles and juice boxes to drink.

saltlifemama

I try to keep everything balenced. I have one child with fruit and nut allergries. It keeps things interesting. For ds1 I keep fresh fruit on hand, bananas, grapes, oranges and apples. I also keep on the go fruit, motts cups and oranges. For my ds2 since he can not eat fruit I keep other healthy snacks, like special K chips, crackers, and gram crackers. 

illinoismommy83
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this

I usually just toss some dry snacks (like crackers) in my purse when on the go. While it would be nice to carry say, carrots, they aren't going to keep in my purse very long. Having a healthy, portable snack that does not require refrigeration (and no risk of leaks) seems ideal.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)