Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do busy moms provide healthy snacks for their kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your child to eat healthy snacks when you're on the go can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We gave 40 CafeMom members "On-the-Go Family Fun" packs complete with portable activities and Snack & Go products from  Mott's and asked them to try it with their families. Only Mott's Applesauce pouch has true applesauce taste in a convenient package for busy families on the go!

Tell us about your busy family. How do you provide healthy snacks for your kids?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
artemisa3001
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Hi

We live in south Florid and having healthy snacks on the go is really hard, now I really liked the apple sauce pouches when I discovered them and now that I got the Mott's apple sauce pouches I'm even happier. My 4 yo DD loves their apple strawberry sauce and on the go is way easier.

I'll try to post some pictures!
artemisa3001
1 mom liked this

othermom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM

As a busy mom there are many things I like to keep on hand for quick eay snacks. Fresh fruit and veggies, dried fruit, and string cheese for when we are heading out the door. I also like to keep crackers and granola bars in the van, the stroller and my purse.  The applesauce pouchs will be a wonderful addition to our on the go snacks. The kids all love apple sauce and the pouches will be great for in the car, and easy mess free snack.

HyperMom38
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I like to pack snacks that she loves and are quick and easy for me (no prep time and no extras like spoons to pack!) She loves the Mott's Strawberry Applesauce Pouches!  She can open them herself and there is no messy cleanup!

babynurse244
1 mom liked this

I'm a full-time working mom of 4, ages 5 to 3 months. Life is crazy, and about to get crazier -  I go back to work tonight from maternity leave. My oldest is in kindergarten, second is in preschool, and then I have the 3 month old twins. Seems someone always needs to get somewhere, be it a doctor's appointment, dance class, skating lessons, school, work, etc. We are very much on the go!!! I try not to keep too much junk around the house, not just because of the kids, but because my husband and I will eat it too, and that's not good for us, either. I have plenty of fruit in the house at all times that the kids can help themselves with. We're also trying to be more active. Grandma lives 8 hours away, so applesauce in pouches will be great for those long road trips, and they're a novel idea. Kids like that. And I love that I won't have to remember to pack spoons, because I always forget them :)

lyrick24

i give motts applesauce packs to my grandkids when we are traveling to see grandpa or just when we are at home and i am trying to babysit all three of them. they love applesauce and the squeezable pouches. they are good of the mornings when i am trying to get everybody fed and i can just pull them out of the frig and serve them. i love the fact that they are not messy and their little hands can handle them good. i would post a pic. but my camera is in ga with my husband who is stationed in the army there. we are getting ready to go visit him and i will def. have the applesauce pouches on hand.

GwenMB

We do lots of trips, so car friendly snacks are important.  I do lots of crackers & some fruit.  Another option is great!

I also like on the go type snacks for my son at Kindergarten.  Stuff he can do without help is important.  His teacher & the aide are willing to help the kids, but if everyone needs help, that makes it rather hectic.

Emeraldmama7

Woohoo!  I just got my package today and my toddler is already digging in to the goodies!   I'll post pics later after my older kids get home.  =) 

I loooove having portable snacks that are nutritous for my kids.  Not only do they need snacks for school, but I often need snacks for going to and from baseball, dance, gymnastics, etc.  While we love fruits that you can just take and go, there is nothing my kids love more than to sqeeze fun snacks into their mouths.  Go-gurts are a big thumbs up in our house (and we freeze them in the summer for a healthy cool treat), so I am looking foward to giving them the Mott's applesauce on the go!  I think they will love it.  My kids also enjoy nuts, granola and oats, raisins, string cheese, cottage cheese (plain, with tomatoes, or with pineapple), nutella, and veggies dipped ranch (carrots, broccoli, califlower, green peppers, celery).  We enjoy cucumbers with lemon, and celery with cream cheese or peanut butter too, and snow peas plain or with a dip.

In the summer my kids and I enjoy going to the park and having picnics....and this is just the kind of snack we need.  =)    Anything that is fun, nutritous and quick clean up...plus you just grab and go.  I have a feeling I'm gonna love it.  Can't wait to let the kids try it when they get home from school. 

Jessa, mama to:

Alyssa(11), Autumn(10), Mariah(9), Matthew(8), Blake(7), Laila(3), and Athena born 9/14!!! 

othermom
1 mom liked this

I was surprised to get my package today. My youngest was home and loved everything. She has been playing with the puzzles we recieved and been wanting to color in the coloring book, but I am making her wait for her sister to get home and share. My son will love the ball and my girls will love the game. My youngest has not had any of the apple sauce yet, but we will be maybe tomorrow when we head to the park. I also got a nice little bag for carrying goodies in.

endurablemist
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Here's my little one enjoying her Motts!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN