Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do busy moms provide healthy snacks for their kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your child to eat healthy snacks when you're on the go can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We gave 40 CafeMom members "On-the-Go Family Fun" packs complete with portable activities and Snack & Go products from  Mott's and asked them to try it with their families. Only Mott's Applesauce pouch has true applesauce taste in a convenient package for busy families on the go!

Tell us about your busy family. How do you provide healthy snacks for your kids?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (141-150):
GwenMB
by Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I just got my package yesterday. I might be the most excited about the nice bag that was part of it! Lol my boys will enjoy the puzzles & ball. The Spot It game is technically too old for them (they are 6& 4 & it's rated 7 to adult), but I think the exercise of comparing the cards & finding the same object on each card will be a good learning activity. The Motts applesauce will be a hit - and I like that it has no added sugar. I'm going to save everything for next week when we have 2 longer car trips planned. The activities will be good boredom busters in the car.

XOXOnBubbles
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I just got my Mott's package in the mail today, and my kids are already loving it!

I try to keep lots of fresh fruits and veggies on hand for my kids to snack on.  We also like the applesauce (like Mott's) and yogurt that come in pouches for convenience, and string cheese is another favorite at our house.  I have 3 kids and with carpooling and different activities we are always on the go.  Having something healthy that we can grab quickly helps keep us from eating too much junk. 

XOXOnBubbles
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM

jive10
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • when ever we go on a trip we make trail mix. i get out the cereal, dried fruit, mandms, pretzles, etc. my kids love ti because you can put whatever you want and make it your own
ClipperGirl
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:16 AM
We like trail mix a lot as well as fruit but that is harder on road trips. We also guve them a small Isa whey protein shake....all natural vitamins and nutrients that helps them absorb all of that good nutrition better. It has helped wuth their immune systems too. They also take Isakids vitamins too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babynurse244
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I try to have a lot of grab and go stuff so we aren't tempted to fill up on junk when we're hungry and out. These apple sauce pouches are great! We have a trip to Disneyland and Grandma's house coming up at the end of the month and I will definitely pick up more of the applesauce pouches to have on hand in the car!

babynurse244
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Wow! Yours was nice. Mine looks like it got opened somewhere along the way, only had the really nice bag, the applesauce and the game in it.

Quoting GwenMB:

I just got my package yesterday. I might be the most excited about the nice bag that was part of it! Lol my boys will enjoy the puzzles & ball. The Spot It game is technically too old for them (they are 6& 4 & it's rated 7 to adult), but I think the exercise of comparing the cards & finding the same object on each card will be a good learning activity. The Motts applesauce will be a hit - and I like that it has no added sugar. I'm going to save everything for next week when we have 2 longer car trips planned. The activities will be good boredom busters in the car.

tel4him
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I got my pack last week and my little one (aged 2) loved the applesauce.  Perfect for throwing in the diaper bag and eating in the car.  My older 2 (ages 9 and 11) love the Spot It game.  All these are great!  Thank you so much!!

MariannLws
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Fresh fruit and veggies are the perfect on the go fast food. 

millierich
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM

my child really loves banana chips so we always have small packs in the bag to take with us. she also loves grapes. apple and carrot sticks. if we need to be quick in the morning she has a breakfast bar and a little box of raisins xxx

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)