Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do busy moms provide healthy snacks for their kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your child to eat healthy snacks when you're on the go can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We gave 40 CafeMom members "On-the-Go Family Fun" packs complete with portable activities and Snack & Go products from  Mott's and asked them to try it with their families. Only Mott's Applesauce pouch has true applesauce taste in a convenient package for busy families on the go!

Tell us about your busy family. How do you provide healthy snacks for your kids?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (151-160):
periwinkle163
by New Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:34 PM

We are trulya family on the go! My dh and I both work, I have a 6 year old daughter in Kindergarten, and a 9 year on son in 3rd grade. My dh and I both volunteer with my son's cub-scout pack on Mondays, and my daughter's Daisy Troop on Fridays. Throw in PTO meeting and events, all the scout planning and events and sprinkle in a few other extracurriculars that come and go like gymnastics and art classes and we are always moving!

Even though my kids don't necessarily spend a ton of time in the car, we do have many late nights at their school. I love to have healthy, easy to contain snacks ready for them. We usually rely on granola, trail mix, and cracker packs. However that can get dull and while we throw the occasional apple or banana in there they aren't ideal to float around in the snack bag with water bottles.

That is where the Mott's snack and go really came in handy. My kids love applesauce but those little individual cups can be super messy and you have to remember the spoon. With this product they can just slurp and go! My kids thought they were fun and tasty. The mom in me really loved that it was fast and convenient, a super important trait for a mom on the go, but also healthy, no sugar added and only 40 calories a pouch!

I think these would also make a great addition to lunches, they are easy to open and that is important when you only have 25 minutes for lunch a day. Just today I helped in the lunch room and my kiddos were their only ones without their hands up among the children who brought fruit pack type foods. Those little cups also almost always splash and leave the kids sticky, this is contained and clean, no mess!

I would recommend this product for any mom, but moms on the go looking for a quick, healthy snack, would be first on my list!

babynurse244
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Grandma's house is 6 hours away. I always forget the spoons. I love these applesauce pouches - I don't have to remember one more thing!!! Toss them in the snack bag and go!!!! And the kids love them. So glad I have another healthy choice to give them.

the3Rs
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM

First of all - thank you Motts and Cafemom for this opportunity!  We received our family fun pack about 1 1/2 weeks ago.

When I first opened the package I was a little worried that the items might be a bit too young for my 3 boys.  But, it turned out great!

Everyone dug right in to the squeezable apple sauce.  They ALL loved the convenience and lack of mess.  The younger two loved the taste, but my oldest son thinks it's a bit too sugary.  However, when we went grocery shopping, we ended up buying more due to my younger kiddos begging for it!

Friday night is usually family night and we went out ice skating then came home to have some pizza.  As DH was cooking the pizza we took out the fun little squishy ball (which we haven't played with anything like that in years) and played catch, then hot potato, then keep away - and they all had a BLAST!  Even the 13 year old!

At the end of the night they kept saying it was the best family fun night ever.  All because of a squishy ball!

We haven't played the card game or done the puzzles yet.  We're saving that for this weekend.  Stay tuned! :)

beepsmell
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM

our family sits down to eat every day, so no need for "snacks on the go"   . we make time to eat, and don't eat  on the run.   and my kids eat dessert and kaffe mit schlag if they desire.  

the3Rs
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM
You never bring snacks anywhere? Or send them with school lunches? How old are your kids?

Quoting beepsmell:

our family sits down to eat every day, so no need for "snacks on the go"   . we make time to eat, and don't eat  on the run.   and my kids eat dessert and kaffe mit schlag if they desire.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:51 PM
My kids love make-your-own trail mix too.

Quoting jive10:

• when ever we go on a trip we make trail mix. i get out the cereal, dried fruit, mandms, pretzles, etc. my kids love ti because you can put whatever you want and make it your own
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tatuchick4u2c
by Misty on Mar. 13, 2013 at 6:32 PM

The kits were amazing!!! There was so much fun stuff for my daughter to do and she enjoys having a new bag to carry all of her goodies in, the snack pouches of applesauce were just perfect!! and I love that the bag that was sent is big enough to contain snacks and some games and things for her when we are on the go...because we rarely hold still!! I can't get my pics to download to my computer for some reason....but all she keeps saying is she loves her cafe mom lol

GwenMB
by Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

My oldest eating Motts on the floor of the MN House of Representatives.

He loved it! The Spot It game was good to keep both boys occupied yesterday as we were meeting with a couple state senators & representatives. They took cards & compared them to find the item that was the same.  Thanks CM & Motts!

Mommalong8
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I've bought little bowls with lids and packed sliced apples, Cheerios, berries, etc. My kids can eat them in the car or at the park with no mess. I usually let each kid pick one snack they like and all the snack options are healthy ones. No chocolate chips or junk food. My daughter (age 3) loves picking her own out and loading it in the bowl herself. Also I have little containers pre packaged for moments when we leave unplanned.

nutrimom91
by New Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 12:40 AM

I have recently started having shakes and protein bars for snacks/meals from Herbalife. I've lost 15 lbs in a month from this simple change. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN