Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family Fun Family Fun

How do busy moms provide healthy snacks for their kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

Getting your child to eat healthy snacks when you're on the go can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We gave 40 CafeMom members "On-the-Go Family Fun" packs complete with portable activities and Snack & Go products from  Mott's and asked them to try it with their families. Only Mott's Applesauce pouch has true applesauce taste in a convenient package for busy families on the go!

Tell us about your busy family. How do you provide healthy snacks for your kids?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Quoting endurablemist:

Here's my youngest, giving the rest of hers to my nephew. Excuse the mess I'm babysitting him, and it easier to wait till morning to try and clean.

How sweet

kellynh
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Snack bags are awesome for preparing in advance!! :)

MamaMandee
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I dont keep a lot of junk food in the house but do keep healthy choices that are ready to go. 

countrygirlkat
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM

We try to do healthier snacks like yogurt, fruit, apple sauce, veggies, whole grain crackers and cheese sticks.  I haven't heard about the Mott's applesauce packets and they sound cool!

BabyTeki
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM
The pouches are great for both my kids. DD is 10 mths and DS is 2.5 yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM

my son likes things like fruit and cheese and yogurt....and he drinks lots of water..makes it easy :)

Leelee1008
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM

For my toddler we use the fruit squeeze pouches, she loves them.

for my boys, we usually do crackers, or short bread cookies, I try not to give them things with alot of salt and sugar.

Leelee1008
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM

she looks like she was enjoying it!

I normally get my DD the gerber graduate ones, but I am thinking of picking up the motts ones.

Quoting MamaDearie:

Here is my youngest trying the Mott's On The Go (while on the go in her car seat) and LOVING it! 

copperswifey
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM

The fun packs sound like a great idea!

I provide them with grapes and raisens. Things that are easy to eat :)

Wish2Be
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:54 PM

luckily most fast food places have a fruit cup or apple slices if we are out too long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)